Lower Hunnicutt Creek Restoration
Restoration activity on Clemson University's lower reaches of Hunnicutt Creek began in May of 2013. These activities are part of a mitigation process for the commercial development of lands that impacted a stream system in the Clemson area. Restoration activities have brought together regional experts on stream restoration, Federal and State agencies, Clemson University administrators, land managers, faculty, staff, and students.
Restoration plans for this reach of Hunnicutt Creek included:
- Removal of large constructed berm
- Lowering of the floodplain for stormwater access
- Increasing channel sinuosity
- Placement of in-stream structures
- Streambank and floodplain stabilization
- Erosion control blankets (Coir matting)
- Native seed mixes
- Live tree stakes
- Containerized plantings
- Invasive plant species removal and management
CLICK HERE to view the As-Built Survey of the Lower Hunnicutt Restoration
CLICK HERE to see a fly over of the Lower Hunnicutt Creek Restoration!