Homeschool Science Days
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Clemson University is currently closed and has suspended all activities, programs and events statewide through the end of the semester. The Clemson University Life Sciences Outreach Center has postponed all events (field trips, conferences, Homeschool Science Days and Spring Holiday Camps) until further notice. Please check back here for updates! Email email@example.com with questions.
Come join us for some hands-on science learning on the campus of Clemson University.
Clemson University lab instructors will lead your child through a mini-lesson and hands-on science laboratory investigation in a real science lab!
Please note - Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the event.
Ages: We will run two simultaneous labs, one for ages 6-11 and the other for ages 12-15.
Time: 10 am- 12 pm
Dates & Topics:
- Wednesday, March 25 - Chemistry Connections with Acids/Bases
- Wednesday, April 22 - DNA Detectives
- Wednesday, May 27 - Exploring Electricity
Chemistry Connections with Acids/Bases
- Learn about acids and bases
- Explore the chemical reactions between acids and bases through the Exploding Firework experiment
- Combine art and science to design and create paintings with an acid/base chemical reaction
- Learn about acids and bases as you make and test your own acid/base indicator
- Learn about the pH scale as you make and test your own pH indicator
- Conduct a scientific investigation into the pH of various household products
DNA Detectives (description coming soon!)
Exploring Electricity (description coming soon!)