• Analyze your DNA and use the results to predict your traits or vice versa!
• Use DNA evidence to identify criminals and exonerate the falsely accused.
• Genetically modify bacteria to make them glow in the dark! Explore how genetically modified organisms are used to make pharmaceuticals and other products.
• Use bioinformatics to probe DNA databases to identify normal and defective genes.
• Explore the nervous system and discover how injury and disease can wreak havoc on our brains.
The residential camp is offered through the Clemson Summer Scholars Program. Students will be housed in gender-segregated dorms, eat in the campus cafeteria, and be supervised by counselors through the Pre-Collegiate Programs Office of Clemson University. Outside of lab, students will participate in social events on the Clemson University campus, e.g. swimming, bowling, cookouts, etc... Airport transportation to and from the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport is available for an extra $100 fee each way. We cannot accept commuter campers for this session.
Residential Camp Dates: June 23-29
Residential Camp Cost: $950 before April 1, $1100 after April 1.
TO ENROLL for the residential camp, see clemson.edu/summer/summer-science/index.html. The residential camps have different registration procedures than our day camps.
Commuter/Day Camp Dates: July 29-Aug 2, 9:00am - 2:30pm daily
Commuter/Day Camp Cost: $375 before April 1; $450 after April 1.
Lunch is not provided.
Both camps will be held in room G-30, Jordan Hall on the Clemson University campus. Enrollment will cap at 16 campers. Camps will be taught by CULSOC personnel. The exact content of the camps is subject to change.