The key objectives of the Watt AI Program are:
- To provide novel educational and professional opportunities for students through the development of real-world applications involving AI technology;
- To enable ongoing and new research activities through the application of artificial intelligence technology; and
- To foster the growth of the AI and analytics community within the greater Clemson network and to identify opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration within that community.
The Watt AI Creative Inquiry team is the main vehicle for achieving these goals. Watt AI Creative Inquiry students receive training in concepts from AI, Cloud Computing, Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Data Science, and they apply these techniques to real research problems at Clemson University. Through the efforts of this Creative Inquiry team, we are developing a broad and diverse network of researchers and students with a common vested interest in AI and data analytics technology.
If you are interested in working with the Watt AI team on your project or joining the AI users’ group in the Fall, please contact Dr. Hudson Smith at email@example.com.
Use AI to color-correct video in real-time.
Analyze microwave sensor readings to detect and classify which bacteria are present.
Employ audio speech recognition AI and custom-built models to evaluate young kids' progress in reading
Semi-automate the content analysis of large datasets of politically relevant textual data, such as Congressional tweets.
Detect and analyze the behavior of disinformation campaigns conducted on social media platforms.
Develop AI/ML-based methodologies for exploring and learning from survey data.
Characterize the facial features associated with rare genetic diseases to aid in diagnosis.
Use Natural Language Processing (NLP) to gain new perspectives on the works of Shakespeare.
Automate the quality review of ultrasound images. Qualitative analysis: Amplify the efforts of human researchers performing qualitative analysis of text data.
Hospital Event Reports
Using Natural Language Processing to extract and analyze content from hospital event reports.
Blood Spot Exams
Automatic image processing and quality assessment for newborn blood spot screening exams.
IBM Cloud Extended License through Clemson:
- Visit IBM Cloud's website to sign up. Select "Sign Up" at the top right to sign up for a 30-day trial account.
- Follow the instructions found here to retrieve your free feature/promotional code.
- Log in to your IBM dashboard using your Cloud credentials from step one.
- Select "Manage" and then "Billing" from the options at the top of the page.
- Scroll down until you see the section called "Feature (Promo) Codes".
- Click "Apply Code".
- Enter the code that you recorded in step four and click "Apply".
- If you run into any problems or have questions, please contact Dr. Hudson Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org..