Welcome to the Honors College
The information below applies only to students who applied and were accepted into the Honors College.
The following is a summary of important information for newly accepted Honors students.
By no means is it a complete list of everything you need to know.
Acceptance of Membership in the
Clemson University Honors College - for 2021
To accept membership in the Clemson University Honors College, you must complete the ONLINE "Decision Form” found on your ApplyWeb Activity Page no later than midnight on May 1, 2021. Please make sure to respond to ALL the questions on the form. There are several questions at the bottom that you will need to scroll to view. Click here to access the form.
Share the news!
We'd love to see photos of you sharing the good news of your Honors acceptance on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. You can post a picture in front of your computer screen or with the hard copy letter of acceptance you will receive and include #AcceptedClemsonHonors. Like our Facebook, follow us on Twitter here and on Instagram here at @ClemsonHonors!
Honors College Events for Admitted Students
Although the Honors College will not be hosting in-person events this spring, we made it our top priority to connect with you virtually! We encourage you to learn more about the Honors College through the resources, events, and FAQs presented on our Fall 2021 Admitted Student Resources web page.
Please note that attendance to these events is not mandatory, and that all events will be recorded and posted on the Fall 2021 Admitted Student Resources web page for future reference. *Prior registration is required (instructions below).
Event Registration and Confirmation
- Log in to your Admitted Student Portal (Note: This is not the same as the Honors College's ApplyWeb Application Status Portal.)
- Click the Events tab
- Register for each event you want to attend
- You will receive an email confirmation for each event you register for. In addition, you will receive automated email reminders 24 hours and 1 hour before the start of the events you are attending.
Targeted toward priority accepted students:
- Student and Parent Q&A*- Tuesday, March 2nd, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (EST)
- Parent Q&A*- Thursday, March 18th, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (EST)
- Current Student and Alumni Panel*- Monday, March 29th, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (EST)
Targeted toward non-priority accepted students:
- Student and Parent Q&A*- Thursday, April 8th, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (EST)
- Current Student and Alumni Panel*- Tuesday, April 13th, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (EST)
- Facebook Live event with current honors students- Wednesday, April 21st, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (EST)
More opportunities to learn about Honors
Prospective Student Meetings: In addition to these events, the Honors College offers weekday virtual prospective student meetings, where you can learn about the honors experience from an Honors staff member and, potentially, a current honors student. These meetings are held Monday-Friday at 9:45 a.m. (EST) as well as Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. (EST) on select dates (with the exception of University holidays). For more information and to register for a virtual prospective student meeting, visit our Prospective Student Visit web page.
Can't attend any scheduled virtual events or meetings? No worries; we understand that you have a busy schedule! Private appointments are available upon request, subject to availability. Please email Megan Wong, Honors Advisor and Recruitment Coordinator, to schedule an appointment.
EUREKA! The Honors Summer Research Program
Newly admitted Honors students interested in getting a jump start on both research and college should consider applying for EUREKA!, the Honors College's five-week residential undergraduate research program. Application will be available beginning April 1.
EUREKA! will still be offered for Summer 2021 virtually! Students accepted into this program will receive more information from the EUREKA! program coordinators soon!
Fall 2021 — The Honors Residential College in the Honors Center
You will have the opportunity to live and dine in the Honors Residential College—Clemson’s first residential college, located in the heart of campus. There are 2 residential halls, Cribb Hall and DesChamps Hall. If you are interested in residing in the Honors Residential College, then select “Honors Residential College” on the Community Choice page when you sign up for housing and dining. Visit Clemson Home for more information. *It can take up to 2-3 business days for the Honors attribute to be linked to your account in Clemson Home's system. Therefore, you may not be able to choose the Honors Residential College until 2-3 business days following your Honors College acceptance notification. If you are still unable to choose Honors after 3 business days, please contact the Clemson Home office at 864-656-2295.
New Honors students may apply to live in the Honors Residential College. For applicants indicating a roommate or suitemate preference, that roommate or those suitemates must ALSO be admitted to Honors. Space is limited and Honors students are not guaranteed a spot in Honors housing. Living in the Honors Residential College is also not required. Assignment priority is based on date of submission of the undergraduate admission application to Clemson University, not the Honors College application.
To indicate your preference to live in the Honors Residential College:
- Pay your admission deposit
- Log in to the Clemson Home Web Portal (it could take up to 3 business days for the deposit to update to gain access to the housing portal)
- Complete the entirety of the contract including: paying your application fee, providing basic information, and your lifestyle survey. If you list a roommate or suitemate preference, all of them must be members of the Clemson University Honors College. Roommate group must be confirmed in the Clemson Home portal by 12:00p.m. (Noon) on May 17.
- On the "Community Choice" page, select "Honors Residential College" and click continue. *It can take up to 2-3 business days for the Honors attribute to be linked to your account in the Clemson Home system. Therefore, you may not be able to choose Clemson University Honors College until 2-3 business days following your Honors College acceptance notification.
- The housing and dining contracts must be completed by 12:00p.m. (Noon) on May 17, 2021. Please plan ahead and allow 2-3 business days for processing.
For students under the age of 18: Students who are not yet 18 must have their parents/guardians "co-sign" the Clemson Home application (and additional instructions will be provided on this page in the portal). Click here for full details for new students.
If you have questions about the Clemson Home application, call their office Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., at 864-656-2295. The Honors College does NOT have access to the housing application, and will refer any questions you may have about housing to the Clemson Home office.
New Student Orientation
The University’s decisions regarding the new student orientation schedule are still being finalized, we will keep students and families updated via email as we know more.
Honors Mandatory Freshmen Meeting
Each year, Honors staff meet with our new honors students at the beginning of the fall semester. Details about this meeting are still being determined.
Students will register for fall 2021 this summer (more information to come on this process). Students must register for at least 1 Honors course per semester and maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA to remain in good standing with the Honors College. Below are some useful tools for students to review program requirements and course options.
Searching in the iROAR registration system will provide students the most up to date list of available Honors courses offered each semester. Please realize some Honors seminars and 1000-2000 level courses may be full when students register. It is recommended that students plan accordingly by researching a few Honors courses that work in his/her schedule.
- Honors Student Handbook (will be updated on May 1)
- Fall 2021 Honors Seminars (will be updated on May 1)
- Fall 2021 1000-2000 Honors Sections (will be updated on May 1)
For instructions on searching for all current Honors courses in iROAR click here or follow the steps below:
- Step 1: In iRoar click Current Student Faculty and Staff and login using your Clemson Username and password.
- Step 2: Under the Registration tab, click the iROAR button.
- Step 3: Click the Student tab. Then click Registration and Add/Drop Courses, Plan Ahead and View Schedule.
- Step 4: Click Browse Classes and select the term you want to search. Search the term you need from the dropdown menu.
- Step 5: To complete a comprehensive search for all honors courses offered in a given semester, click Advanced Search.
- Step 6: Under the Attribute type Honors Course and then click Search.
Note: To graduate with Honors Distinction students must complete the requirements for General and/or Departmental Honors. See specific requirements for Honors Programs listed in the Honors Student Handbook.