If, after reviewing our Admissions webpages and the Q & A Guide, you still have questions please email HonorsAdmissions@clemson.edu and someone will reply to you as soon as possible - usually within 24 hours.
Below are important dates and deadlines for submitting your Honors College application. Please take note of all deadlines and the resulting notification for Honors admission.
Students who apply to the Honors College after March 1, or whose supporting materials are submitted after March 15, may be considered for admission to the Honors College on a space available basis. However, we cannot guarantee that such applications will receive consideration.
A complete Calhoun Honors College application includes
- The student application (submitted using the Honors web-based application form)
- A teacher letter of recommendation (submitted using the Honors web-based system; recommender will receive an email request after student application submitted)
- A counselor letter of recommendation (submitted using the Honors web-based system; recommender will receive an email request after student application submitted)
- A current transcript (submitted either by uploading using the Honors web-based system, or by mailing, emailing or faxing directly to Honors)
Important dates and deadlines for Fall freshman applicants.
Honors College application deadlines:
|For Notification By||
Clemson University Undergraduate Application Deadline
Honors College Application* Deadline (submitted online)
Supporting Materials** (submitted online)
|February 15 (11:59 p.m. EST) for Priority Applicants||December 1||December 8 11:59 p.m. EST||December 15, 11:59 p.m. EST|
|April 1 (11:59 p.m. EST) for Non-Priority Applicants||February 15||March 1, 11:59 p.m. EST||March 15, 11:59 p.m. EST|
Other Important Dates
|Priority appeal submission deadline***||March 1|
|Priority appeal decision notification||April 1|
|Non-priority appeal submission deadline***||April 15|
|Non-priority appeal decision notification||April 30|
* The Honors College application must be submitted using the web-based form.
** The required supporting materials are a teacher recommendation, a counselor recommendation, and current transcript. The two recommendations must be submitted using the web-based form (recommenders will receive a request via email when students submit their applications). Honors prefers that the transcript be uploaded using the web-based form by either the applicant or a counselor, but transcripts can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the Honors College at the appropriate address or number below.
***The link to the Honors admission Reconsideration Form is located in the applicant's Clemson Honors Check. The Check List is stored in the applicant's ApplyWeb applicant status portal found here: http://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/ustat.
Note: To graduate with Honors Distinction students must complete the requirements for General and/or Departmental Honors. See specific requirements for Honors Programs listed in the Honors Student Handbook (PDF).