- London Internship Program
- Conference Travel Fund
The CTG is intended to provide financial support to students in the Clemson University Honors college planning to attend, or present at, professional academic conferences related to their academic interests. Students can apply for two CTGs within one fiscal year. In order for your application to be considered, you must submit it two weeks prior to the conference start date. For more information about eligibility and approved expenses please read CTG Guidelines.
Conference Travel Fund Application - To apply for a Conference Travel Grant please visit ApplyWeb's Honors College Application Menu page found here https://www.applyweb.com/calhhonr/index.ftl. You must create an ApplyWeb user name and password. Then, under Forms for Currently Enrolled Students you will find the link to the Conference Travel Fund application.
When uploading receipts to the ApplyWeb system, please ensure you also upload the Student Conference Expendiure Form found here: CTG Student Expenditure Form. This will enable you to be reimbursed for food on the Clemson University per diem rate. You will also need to upload additional receipts for other expenses, such as for travel and accommodation. If you have any questions please contact Holly Willimas at email@example.com.
- Departmental Honors Research Grants
Students who are participating in a Departmental Honors Program may apply for funds to support their Departmental Honors Research projects in the fall and spring semesters. These competitive grants may be used for such needs as equipment, supplies, travel to research facilities or other items beyond the capacity of the student's department to provide. Please read the Guidelines and Instructions carefully below under "To Apply".
For questions about the grant process you may contact Susan Falendysz at firstname.lastname@example.org.Priority Deadlines for Fall 2020
- DHRG Student Application - Sunday, September 6, 2020 (11:59p.m.)
- DHRG FACULTY ENDORSEMENTS - Sunday, September 13, 2020 (11:59p.m.)
- DHRG Student Application - Sunday, October 4, 2020 (11:59p.m.)
- DHRG FACULTY ENDORSEMENTS - Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 11:59p.m
- DHRG Student Application - Sunday, January 24, 2021 (11:59p.m.)
- DHRG FACULTY ENDORSEMENTS - Sunday, January 31, 2021 (11:59p.m)
- DHRG Student Application - Sunday, February 21, 2021 (11:59p.m.)
- DHRG FACULTY ENDORSEMENTS - Sunday, February 28, 2021 (11:59p.m.)
Grant applications submitted after the priority deadline will be funded only upon availability of funds; grant applications submitted after the non-priority deadline will not be funded.
To get started with the Departmental Honors Research Grant application process you must visit the Application Menu page to CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT (ApplyWeb user ID and Password — not your Clemson ID and password)
If you ever forget your ApplyWeb ID and Password you may return to the Application Menu page and get help with that under Manage Your Account.
After creating your ApplyWeb ID and Password, come back to this page and click on the Research Grant application link below. It will ask for the ID and Password you just created.
- Duckenfield Scholars Program
The Duckenfield Scholars Program enables one member of the Clemson University Honors College, who demonstrates extraordinary talent, motivation, commitment and ability, to attend St. Peter's College in Oxford, England during the summer. The annual selection of the Duckenfield Scholar is highly competitive and requires submission of a written application and personal interviews.
Email Melissa Hawkins if you have further questions - email@example.com.
- Educational Enrichment Travel Grants
This grant provides life-changing educational experiences outside the classroom. These experiences may be internships, foreign study, public service projects or other significant undertakings that are consistent with the student's educational, career and/or personal goals. For more information about Educational Enrichment Travel Grants please visit that webpage.
- Summer 2021 Mini-Grants
The Clemson University Honors College will be offering summer mini-grants of up to $500 for students to use for virtual / home-based experiences during the Summer of 2021. You may apply for both an EETG and mini-grant. However, you may only accept one of these offers. Application opens February 1, 2021 and closes March 1, 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Examples of possible student initiatives include (but are not limited to):
- third-party virtual opportunities identified by the student
- learning a new skill or language (but note that students can access Rosetta Stone for free from the Clemson library!)
- research or creative projects
- creation of resources for community engagement or enhancement
A competitive application will propose an initiative that contributes to your intellectual, academic, and/or professional growth; creates something of value to others in your community; advances your "core competencies,"* which include the categories of engagement, innovation, and professionalism*; and/or provides an opportunity for creativity in the arts or other areas.Students must commit to 4 weeks of work. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.5 and be in good standing with the Honors College.
IF YOUR PROPOSAL IS FUNDED:
- ALL ITEMS COVERED BY THE GRANT MUST BE PURCHASED BY JUNE 15, AND ALL RECEIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JULY 1 TO SONJA MASSEY at email@example.com. EXCEPTIONS WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PURCHASE ITEMS PRIOR TO JUNE 15, AND THEN ONLY IF APPROVED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
- Students will need to purchase items covered by the grant and will be reimbursed via TigerPay after receipts are submitted. Note: If advancing these funds creates a financial hardship for you or your family, please contact Jenny Wirtz at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- By August 15, you must upload to the Honors College a brief PowerPoint presentation that substantiates your summer work. These presentations will become the property of the Honors College and can be used for purposes such as publicity or advertising.
- We encourage recipients to list this grant and any relevant products on their resumes as a reflection of their academic and professional development during this unprecedented time in history.
Do YOU Plan to Receive Funds From the Honors College? You MUST Set up TigerPay!
Honors students must register with TigerPay in order to receive funds from the Honors College. (This includes all reimbursements and grants – travel, conference, research, etc.) Eventually, all Clemson departments will be using this method for reimbursements.
Registering for TigerPay allows the Honors College to reimburse and distribute grant funds by putting the funds directly into the student’s bank account. These funds include Honors-related pre-approved purchases, and grants, such as Educational Enrichment Travel Grants and Conference Travel Grants.
Use this link - https://www.clearxchange.com/receive/ to sign up.
If you use a “g.clemson.edu” email address, you need to drop the “g” when linking the email address to your bank.
After you tap the link above, you choose your bank and depending on what bank you use, the instructions are different. With TD, for example, you log into your online banking account, then go to transfers, and find the tab that says “send money with Zelle.” Make sure you use your Clemson email with no “g,” and your personal cell number (not home) in order to register.
The part of the registration process that links you to Clemson is your email address. This enables Zelle to be used for money transferring.
Once Clemson puts money into your account, (through Zelle) you will receive an email from Zelle notifying you. You will not receive any notifications until there is money put into your account.
If you do not have a bank that is listed, you will have to choose that option and provide a little more information than students who do have a bank listed. If you have issues please call customer support number 1-866-839-3488.
You may call Jenny Wirtz in the Honors office at 864-656-0569 for questions related directly to the Honors College. But we can not answer questions related to setting up your TigerPay. Please call their support number (above) about setting up your TigerPay account.
- Current Students
- Parents and Alumni
- Prospective Students
- Contact Us
- COVID-19 Honors Resources and Updates
- For Faculty
- EUREKA! Program
- Dixon Global Policy Scholars
- Dixon Fellows
- Education Enrichment Travel Grants