Application Information and Access
Selection criteria to assist in letters of support
Impact. Does the application make a convincing case that the experience will have a positive, life-changing effect on the student?
Clarity. Are the learning objectives explained in a clear and understandable manner?
Feasibility. Are the learning objectives accomplishable within the time frame of the award?
Fitness. Does the applicant have the intellectual capability, maturity, and motivation to ensure a successful and rewarding experience?
Adaptability. Can the student easily adjust to a different cultural environment?
What makes applications more competitive?
- Does the student explain how the experience will be educationally enriching?
- Does the proposal show a well-considered pathway to enhancement of the student’s education?
- Is the proposal designed to enhance the student’s career goals?
- Would this experience be considered distinctive or prestigious in student’s field of study?
- How competitive is the process to be afforded the summer placement?
- Does the student’s proposal show that a significant amount of time was spent completing it?
- Does the proposal show promise for contributing to a strong and potentially successful application for an extramural fellowship? Such fellowships include, but are not limited to, the Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Mitchell, Goldwater, and Udall scholarships, and Fulbright Grants.
To Access the Application
- Create an ApplyWeb Account. Please visit the Honors College Application Menu page to CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT (this creates an ApplyWeb user ID and Password – this is not your Clemson ID and password).
- After creating your ApplyWeb ID and Password, under ‘Ready To Apply?’ choose the link to the Educational Enrichment Travel Grant Application. Fill it out and submit it.
- For technical problems with the application or if you forget your username/password, contact our technical support. They are normally very quick to respond.
- For questions on Educational Enrichment Travel Grants, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-656-9431.