Download Adobe Reader

How to Add AP Endorsement to Teaching Certificate

Step 1: Complete the course with at least a final grade of B or better.

Step 2: Submit a Transcript Request form to the Registrar’s Office at Clemson University.
The form can be downloaded from their website


Enrollment Status: Yes
Dates of enrollment: July 15, 2013 to August 2, 2013

If form is submitted after final grades are posted for the Summer II session (August, 2017), select SEND NOW or PICK UP (photo ID required)

If form is submitted before final grades are posted, select HELD FOR CURRENT SEMESTER GRADES.

Step 3: Submit transcript to the Office of Educator Certification, 8301 Parklane Road, Columbia, SC 29223

You can select to pick up your transcript in person from Clemson University (photo ID required) and then mail it to the Office of Educator Certification. The transcript must be in its official sealed envelope and mailed with the completed Change in Action Form (see Step 4).

OR have the transcript sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to the Office of Educator Certification.

Step 4: Complete a Change in Action Form from the State Department of Education.  Forms can be downloaded from the website

Submit the completed form to The Office of Educator Certification, 8301 Parklane Road, Columbia, SC  29223.  Forms can be mailed, faxed (803) 734-2873, or submitted in person.

Step 5: Check your certificate online a few weeks as a follow-up procedure.  Processing time can be anywhere from 4-8 weeks.

In addition, your district may require you to submit documentation of your endorsement.  A hard copy of your certificate will be given to you on the last day of your institute.  Contact your district office for more information.