All employees who register for classes are automatically screened for ETAP eligibility and are no longer required to apply to ETAP in order to receive the benefit. The following includes information on how a faculty or staff member should proceed to take advantage of the Employee Tuition Assistance Benefit.
- Faculty and staff members can use the benefit to complete a degree, to take classes as a special student and/or to audit a class.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty or staff member to apply to and be admitted to a specific academic program within the applicable admission period or establish special student status as a non-degree-seeking student.
- The tuition assistance benefit is independent of any application process needed to be accepted into an academic program at Clemson University. Faculty and staff members are asked to contact the academic program of their choosing to discuss the program’s application requirements. The University Registrar’s Office is also available for assistance.
- The tuition assistance benefit does not guarantee acceptance into any program or class. Faculty and staff members have the same opportunity to participate in programs of study as any other student applying for program acceptance and/or course of study.
- After being accepted into an academic program, faculty and staff members are asked to register for classes per the instruction of their program.
- Registering for classes will trigger the Office of Human Resources (OHR) to review the employee’s eligibility for the benefit.
- It is the intent of OHR to provide applicants confirmation of their eligibility to utilize the benefit, 1) no earlier than the date the applicant’s bill is available through IROAR for the semester in question, and 2) no later than the last day to register for classes for the semester in question.
- OHR reserves the right to provide the applicant updated information regarding the applicant’s eligibility for the benefit should OHR receive new or updated information at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor his or her student bill in IROAR to ensure the benefit has been applied.