2017-2018 Club Year:
National Events: Local 4-H are active in the following
- National 4-H Week- October 1-7th
- National Youth Science Day- October 4th, More Information
- Tractor Supply Fall (Oct 4-15) & Spring Paper Clover (April 11-22) More Information
- National 4-H Congress- November 24-28th More Information
- Joann's Paper Clover Program- February
- National 4-H Conference- April 7-12th More Information
State Projects/Events: SC 4-H Calendar / SC 4-H events online calendar / SC Project Areas4-H Club Year Starts Sept 1
- 4-H Alumni Day at SC State Fair- October 12
- 4-H Day at the Fair/ SC State 4-H Competitions- October 21
- Honey Bee Project- Registration Opens Dec 1. Project starts in the Spring.
- SC 4-H Presentation Contest- Registration due Jan 17. Jr contest Feb 10; Sr contest March 3.
- Healthy Lifestyles Summit- January 26-28th
- Junior 4-H Weekend- Feb 9-11th
- Senior Teen weekend- March 2-4th
- 4-H Legislative Day- March 13th
- SC 4-H Engineering Challenge- April 14
- Small Garden Project - April-August
- Portfolio Contests- Due in State Office May 1; Submit to 4-H Agent in April.
- SC 4-H Sporting Clay Tournament, June 1
- Pinckney 4-H Leadership Conference, June 17-23 & July 22-28- Registration, More Information
- State 4-H Teen Council- Application due June- More Information
- 4-H Club Camp, June 10-14 @Camp Long, Aken or July 22-26 @Camp Bob Cooper, Summerton
- State Congress July 11-14, Eligibility Requirements
- Wildlife Foot Plot Project- Registration Due August
- 4-H Ambassador Program- Event August 11; Registration due July- More Information
Regional Project Information: Savannah Valley 4-H Region
- Backyard Rabbit & Guinea Pig (Cavy) Showmanship Project: May 31 -Nov 13, 2018; Shows @ Coastal Carolina Fair; Registration & Information Spring 2018
- Poultry Showmanship; Show @ Coastal Carolina Fair; Registration & Information Summer 2018
- Cloverbud Pet Rock Showmanship
- Archery Projects Meets 3rd Saturday of the month in West Ashley. Fundraising underway for equipment and gear- Support 4-H
- Orangeburg Fair- October
- Coastal Carolina Fair - Oct 25 -Nov 4, 2018; 4-H presentations, contests, awards, and exhibits. 2017 4-H Fair Book *New book summer 2018
2017-18 County/Club Projects/Events: more coming soon
- Teen Teacher Volunteers- August - December; 15-17year olds are needed to help with in-school and after-school 4-H Nature Programs. Contact Jennifer Scales for info.
- Teen Teachers Event- Help in local schools & Events! Email for list of dates and times.
- Showmanship (Rabbit & Poultry) Workshops- Contact Jennifer Scales for more info.
- Egg Judging Workshops- Contact Jennifer Scales for more info.
- National 4-H Volunteer e-Forum - #4HGrowsHere Through Volunteers; October 5th, 6:45-8:30pm at Downtown Charleston Office. Free training event: Cultivating an Environment for Growing True Leaders
- Paper Clover @ Tractor Supply, October 4 – 15;
- Volunteers needed Oct 7 and 14 from 8:30-2pm for 4-H tables @ Tractor Supply in Ravenel.
- Coastal Carolina Fair, October 26-Nov 5, 2017- Volunteers needed in Ag. Barn each morning from 8am-10am. Email JScales@Clemson.edu to sign up.
- National 4-H Volunteer e-Forum - #4HGrowsHere; November 2nd, 6:45-8:30pm at Downtown Charleston Office. Free training event: Cultivating “STEM”ming into Animal Science, Growing True Leaders
- Tri-County 4-H Awards/Recognition Ceremony- November 4th @ Coastal Carolina Fair's Agricultural Arena. Awards start at 12:30pm.
- Archery Project- Next meeting in West Ashley on Dec 16th, Email JScales@clemson.edu for more info. Please bring $1 or an arrow to donate.
- STEM Fest- Feb 3rd Volunteers needed for 4-H activity table at Brittlebank Park from 10am-3pm.
- JOANN Craft Day- Feb 3rd; 11-2pm. Volunteers needed to host craft card during paper Clover Campaign at Summerville and West Ashley stores.
- JOANN Paper Clover- Feb 1-28, 2018 Make a $1 or $4 donation to 4-H at checkout. Learn More and register for awards.
- Kids Fair- Feb 25th- Volunteers needed
- Paper Clover @ Tractor Supply- April 11 – April 22
- Lowcountry Homeschool Convention- May - Volunteers needed
- Showmanship Workshops, member presentation workshops, and more upon request.
- 4-H Night at the Battery- Sat, May 26th. 4-H Fundraiser, you can purchase discounted tickets through 4-H. The cost is $15 (plus $3 online service charge, 4-H Clubs also have paper tickets available without service fees). 4-H clubs keep $5 from each ticket! Link- https://tickets.charlestonbattery.com/ordertickets.asp?p=8&src=default Fundraising Code "4H".
- Camp CHEF: Cooking Healthy Equals Fun- day camp hosted by the Charleston Clovers 4-H Club Healthy Lifestyles Team. Facebook page
- Exploring Lowcountry Waterways 4-H2O Camp- week long day camps June 18-22nd and July 23-27th. Registration is full- Website