Employee Emergency Fund Application
In the true spirit of giving, 100 Clemson staff and faculty members donated $14,786 to benefit the Employee Emergency Fund in the 12-day "Battle of the Senates" challenge. Staff pulled ahead to win in the final two days.
"Staff Senate was thrilled to hear the results of the 'Battle of the Senates' 12-day giving campaign for the Employee Emergency Fund," said Staff Senate President Jake Anderson. "In a time of need, Clemson staff and faculty joined together in friendly competition and breathed life into this fund. Staff Senate remains steadfast in our commitment to advocate for and promote resources that staff members need to flourish in their positions at the University."
Thank you to all who gave to help our colleagues in need—and don't forget, you can donate or apply to the Employee Emergency Fund any time of year!
The Employee Emergency Fund is a program to assist employees who are experiencing times of financial hardship due to unexpected, unforeseen, and unavoidable circumstances. Any Clemson University employee, staff or faculty, is eligible to apply for a grant from this fund that has been established through the Clemson University Foundation.
Before applying, employees should be aware of the following:
- Employees may apply for funding no more than once during a 90-day period; funding is not guaranteed.
- Employees may receive a maximum of $500 in a calendar year (January – December).
- Employees must document on their application expenses for which they will use the funds. Eligible expenses include food, rent/mortgage, health care, dependent care, and home repairs. Other expenses may be considered.
- Applicants will receive notification of the outcome of their application within two weeks of the date of their application.
- Employees of a third-party contractor who provides services to Clemson University are not eligible.
- Awarded funds are not a replacement of lost wages.
- Individuals who are classified as a student employee (graduate or undergraduate) are not eligible for this fund and should apply for assistance through the Student Emergency Fund.
Please be assured that all personal information provided on applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
If you have questions or need assistance with completing the application, send a text to 864-656-2000 or contact ASK-HR.Complete the application