Welcome to the 2017 ACC Fiscal Officers Meeting
2017 ACC Fiscal Officers Meeting
April 2-4, 2017
1 North Main Street
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
Hosted by Clemson University
The ACC Fiscal Officers Meeting is an annual event that gathers financial mid-level personnel, including controllers, budget directors, and other personnel from 15 Atlantic Coastal Conference (ACC) universities across the east coast. This two-day event features presentations from a variety of speakers with opportunities for networking, enhancing relationships, and sharing best practices with ACC associates.
The agenda for this year’s ACC Fiscal Officers meeting is being finalized. We will begin with registration on Sunday afternoon followed by a reception sponsored by Elliott Davis Decosimo on the fourth floor of Aloft. Monday afternoon we will depart Greenville for a combined bus and (brief) walking tour of the Clemson Campus followed by reception and dinner sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch at Death Valley, home of the 2016 ACC and National Football Champions!
Program HighlightsWhile the Meeting agenda is still being refined, highlights will include presentations on:
- Economic Update – some three and a half months into the new Administration by a noted Economist
- Cyber Security – by a former University Chief Security Officer now serving in that same role for a major retailer
- Change Management – by noted professional speaker Dr. Gary Bradt
- The Power of Data Visualization – how it has impacted Clemson – featuring a Tableau “Zen Master” and focusing on graphic and easy-to-understand delivery of complex data to constituents
- Fraud - focusing on invoices and controls to reduce risk
- Unique “Self-Audit” Tax Consulting – engagement between Clemson University and Elliott Davis Decosimo
- Public Private Partnerships
- Banking and logistical issues encountered by Clemson University as it participated in consecutive College Playoffs and how lessons learned from the first season informed the next season
- Panel discussion by conference Universities currently implementing Workday Financials
- Breakout sessions designed to pair attendees with like-minded interests and issues and facilitate the interaction that is the core purpose of the annual Fiscal Officers Meeting
Aloft Hotel Guest Parking at One City Plaza
This multi-level garage is located at One City Plaza. There are 475 spaces, including nine accessible spaces and two electric recharging stations.
You may enter the garage:
34 Richardson Street
Greenville, SC 29601
The main lobby level is located on P6 of the garage level.
Registration and Accommodations
Registration for the conference is free of charge but space is limited so register early!
Aloft – Greenville Downtown is the official event hotel. $179 per night charge includes hotel room, parking (Saturday-Tuesday), and breakfast. The hotel is steps away from the adjacent conference building, making it an easy, no hassle trip for attendees.
Traveling throughout Greenville is also easy. Transportation from the Greenville – Spartanburg International Airport (GSP International Airport) to the Aloft conference hotel is available through:
- ~$25 - Uber
- ~$30 - Taxi ride
- Car rentals are also available at the airport
The 2017 ACC Fiscal Officers Meeting will offer up to 8 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
Southern Association of College and University Business Officers (SACUBO) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. The SACUBO sponsor identification number is 104508.
For additional information, email 2017_ACC_FO_MEETING@lists.Clemson.edu