Students must sign up for eRefunds to receive their refund via direct deposit.
Access and enroll in eRefund via iROAR
- Select the "Student Billing" tab
- Select the "My Bill" link
- Select the "Electronic Refunds" link under the "My Profile Setup" section.
- Click the "Set Up Account" button and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the account information.
- NOTE: Only the student may sign up for eRefund. Authorized users do not have access to eRefund setup or information.
If you do not sign up for eRefund:
- Refunds for eligible students will be mailed in the form of a check to the permanent home address beginning on the first day of class.
- Subsequent refunds will be mailed to the permanent home address every Friday the week after classes begin.
- Your permanent home address is located in iROAR under Personal Information. Students are responsible for ensuring an accurate permanent home address is listed in iROAR.
- Refund checks must be cashed in a timely manner. Federal regulations require you to cash federally funded (Title IV) refunds in a timely manner.
- Refund checks must be cashed within 120 days of the issue date.
- If your Title IV refund check is not cashed within 120 days, the check may be canceled and the funds returned to the appropriate loan or grant program.
- If your non-Title IV refund check is not cashed within 120 days, the check may be canceled and the credit forwarded to the S.C. State Treasurer’s Office of Unclaimed Property.
- If payment by check creates a credit balance, the refund is held for seven days to allow for bank processing.
- Any changes to your schedule and/or financial aid after you receive a refund may create a debt. All such debts are subject to collection and must be repaid immediately.
- If you need to request a stop payment and re-issue of your refund check for any reason, please access this Stop Payment Request form. Note: stop payment requests will only be processed fourteen days after the check is issued and may take 5-10 days processing time.
- Any indebtedness to Clemson University will be deducted from your refund before it is sent out.
- In order to authorize Clemson University to use Title IV Financial Aid Funds (Pell Grant, Direct Loans, etc) to cover miscellaneous student billing charges you must complete the Authorization for Non-Allowable Charges.