Skip to main content

Bound copies

Does my department require a printed, bound copy of my thesis or dissertation?

Each graduate program has its own requirements for students to follow when ordering bound copies of their manuscripts. To see if your program requires bound copies, and to locate additional information, check the list below. If your program is listed, you must turn in a bound copy to your department, but you may follow all of the Graduate School’s formatting guidelines for electronic manuscripts (no reformatting for print is required). If there is an additional note listed by your program, contact the appropriate person to find out the additional requirements.

TigerPrints and the Graduate School do not provide ETD printing and binding services. You are free to choose any vendor whose services meet your and your department’s preferences. Local print and copy shops may be able to provide quality spiral-bound, softcover books. An online search will locate established North American and overseas printers/binderies who specialize in thesis or dissertation print production, including Thesis On Demand, PHD Bookbinding, Bachelor Print, and Smith-Shattuck Bookbinding.

Please note: the Graduate School cannot recommend nor endorse a third-party vendor, nor can we provide or negotiate pricing and shipment time information.

If your program is not listed below, you are not required to turn in a bound copy.
College of Agriculture, Forestry & Life Sciences
  • Applied Economics and Statistics
  • Entomology
  • Food Technology
  • Food, Nutrition & Culinary Science
  • Wildlife and Fisheries Biology

College of Architecture, Arts & Humanities

  • City and Regional Planning (Students must submit ONE BOUND COPY to the department. Copies should be purchased through the department's preferred vendor. Please contact Jacqueline Galbreath for more information.)
  • Landscape Architecture (Students must submit TWO BOUND COPIES to the department. Copies should be purchased through the department's preferred vendor. Students are also required to submit to the department four PDF copies of the thesis on DVD. Please contact Michelle Marchesse for instructions and more information.)
  • Rhetorics, Communication, and Information Design
  • Writing, Rhetoric, and Media

College of Behavioral, Social & Health Sciences

  • Nursing
  • Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management (Please contact Jeffrey Hallo for more information. Department requires one bound copy; advisors and committee members may request additional copies.)

Wilbur O. & Ann Powers College of Business

  • Applied Economics
  • Management

College of Education

  • Administration and Supervision
  • Counselor Education
  • Human Resource Development

College of Engineering, Computing & Applied Sciences

  • Civil Engineering

College of Science

  • None

Interdisciplinary Studies

  • Policy Studies

Back to SUBMIT page

Back to Theses & Dissertations Overview