Drew Epling, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Clemson University School of Health Research
Physician, Informaticist and Diagnostic Radiologist
Department of Radiology, Prisma Health–Upstate
Who is Dr. Epling?
Dr. Epling is a Board-Certified Diagnostic Radiologist with Prisma Health in Greenville, South Carolina. Following medical school, he completed fellowship training specializing in Women's Imaging at the renowned Moore's Cancers Center of the University of California, San Diego in La Jolla, California. He is one of the lead national and international investigators for the American College of Radiology's Tomosynthesis Mammographic Screening Trial (TMIST). This study will create the world's largest curated data set of breast cancer screening clinical data, images and biospecimens. He also completed an MS degree in Health Informatics at the Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South Florida. His training and education have well positioned him for his role as a physician informaticist utilizing data science to analyze various new emerging technologies to improve health outcomes. He is currently collaborating with students from the Department of Industrial Engineering at Clemson University and other professionals from the Departments of Radiology, Surgery and Anesthesiology at Prisma Health investigating the use of Virtual Reality for certain medical procedures.
How Dr. Epling’s research is transforming health care
News and media related to Dr. Epling's research
• Stanford Children’s Health: “Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford pioneers use of VR for patient care, education and experience”
• Web MD: “Virtual Reality Brings New Vision to Health Care”
• Medical Futurist: “5 Ways Medical Virtual Reality is Already Changing Healthcare”
• Visualize.com: “Virtual Reality in Healthcare”
• Built In.com: “Can Virtual Reality Change the Way We Think About Health?”