Heidi M. Zinzow, Ph.D.
College of Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences
Contact: 864-656-4376 or email@example.com
Who is Dr. Zinzow?
Heidi Zinzow is a professor in the Department of Psychology and a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. Her research focuses primarily on trauma and mental health. Currently, she is a member of several campus initiatives focused on gender equity (Tigers ADVANCE), sexual violence prevention, and suicide prevention (Tigers Together to Stop Suicide), as well as the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies. Heidi teaches in areas of psychotherapy, clinical psychology, and abnormal psychology.
For more information, see her college profile.
How Dr. Zinzow’s research is transforming health care
Zinzow is conducting health-related research in the following areas: 1) evaluating and improving clinical interventions for trauma-exposed populations, 2) developing and evaluating prevention programs focused on risky alcohol use and sexual violence, and 3) identifying risk factors for trauma-related mental and physical health outcomes. Her work will inform methods to reduce barriers to care, as well as tailor healthcare to maximize efficacy with at-risk populations.
News and media related to Dr. Zinzow’s research
- Storyful Podcast: Cinnamon, Condoms and Copycat Dares: The Rise of Dangerous Social Media Challenges - Audio Boom
- Suicide REsearch Focuses on Prevention - Millenium Magazine
- Impact of school shootings on students, families, and those exposed to media coverage - NBC News
- Two women scholars at Clemson University helping to develop sexual assault prevention app - WIA Report
- Activism can be empowering for Marjory Stoneman Douglas students, says Clemson professor discussing "March for Our Lives" and gun violence - News Wise
- Clemson to conduct first-ever study on deadly viral video challenges - WYFF4
- Wellness tips for the times: Little momenbts of strategy have big impact - Clemson News
- Meet a Tiger: Heidi Zinzow - Clemson News
- 2019 Outstanding Women Award recipients honored - Clemson News
Health Research Expertise Keywords
Trauma, Sexual Violence, Suicide, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Substance Use, Mindfulness, Service Use, Intervention Research