Instruction for 2020-2021
- for suggestions on structuring in-person courses this spring or proceeding with Blended / Hybrid instruction. Advice in the Playbook and Appendices below can assist instructors in building strong course presences online with face-to-face courses, so that all students can access a course easily online as needed.
Appendices referenced in the playbook (pdfs):
- Appendix A: Templates
- Appendix B: Learning Interactions (Engagement)
- Appendix C: Assessment in Blended Learning Classrooms
- Appendix D: Active Learning while Physically Distancing
- Appendix E: Implementation Checklist
- Appendix F: Online Resources for Science Laboratories (external link)
- Appendix G: Classroom Usage and Cleaning Protocol
- Appendix H: Syllabus Undergraduate Regulations (links to document in Clemson Box) and
Graduate Class Regulation Letter, Fall 2020
- Undergraduate Class Regulations for Spring 2021 (from the UGS Dean)
- Graduate Class Regulations for Spring 2021 (from the Graduate School Dean) See also: http://www.clemson.edu/graduate/faculty-staff/resources.html
- Guidance on Class Attendance and Engagement 2021 (Dean Griffin)
- Considerations for Spring Semester 2021 Attendance Policies from OTEI
- Accessible Zoom backgrounds from OTEI, for faculty to share with students.
- How to do Zoom, a video from the student viewpoint. Student Zoom help from our 2020 intern, Jack Hawkins. Clemson faculty can access and embed in Canvas, from Ensemble
- Teaching During Traumatic Events: guidance for assisting Clemson students and addressing traumatic events (from OTEI).
Students have an easier way to notify you of an absence. Please share these Canvas instructions on the NOA with them.
How do you look up your class time and location within iROAR? This pdf gives visual instructions on class time/location look-up.
The Registrar provides help sheets for faculty including a video and pdf material for schedules under View Class Rolls (Detail/Summary), at https://www.clemson.edu/registrar/faculty/training-materials.html
The Faculty Resource Center has Clemson Online's Canvas site, a full slate of resources for this fall.
Wondering what will be in your classroom? CCIT has a webpage dedicated to technology installed in which classroom: https://ccit.clemson.edu/support/faculty-staff/classroom-technology/blended-learning-enabled-classrooms/.
CCIT also has full resources for working remotely at: https://ccit.clemson.edu/working-remotely/.