Welcome to the Clemson University Sandhill Research and Education Center, located in Columbia, South Carolina. The Sandhill Research and Education Center (REC), one of six Clemson University Research and Education Centers, was established in 1926 for agricultural research in the primarily rural Columbia area. As the Columbia community has grown, the focus of the Sandhill Research and Education Center has evolved to meet the changing needs of the state. Sandhill REC is committed to agribusiness, natural resources and environmental stewardship. While the services of Sandhill have metamorphosed over the years, it still fulfills its original purpose of meeting the needs and serving the people of the surrounding communities, the state of South Carolina and beyond.
The 600-acre campus is home to a variety of Clemson departments and initiatives. Richland County Extension, Department of Pesticide Regulation, Leadership SC, Richland County 4-H, Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Programs (EFNEP), Richland County Master Gardeners and Carolina Clear are all housed on site.