tiger-fur image

VA Benefits And Financial Aid Information


Housed in the registrar's office, VA Benefits are administered by Jennifer Elliott, who can assist you with various types of education assistance, applying for benefits, receiving benefits and verifying enrollment. For this and additional information about benefits and financial aid, please visit the veteran's page within the registrar's office at www.registrar.clemson.edu/html/veteran.htm or contact the VA Certifying Office at vabenefits@clemson.edu or 864-656-2171.

Additional information regarding types of benefits according to the VA can be found at: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_gibill.asp. General and comprehenive benefits information can also be found at this site: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.

Free Tuition/Education Assistance

Follow the above link for information concerning free tuition to the children of certain war veterans attending South Carolina state-supported colleges and universities as well as state-supported post high school technical education institutions. Certain residency requirements apply. For questions or to apply, contact 803-647-2434.


Download the Application for Tuition Assistance for Certain War Veterans Children.


Financial Aid

Students seeking financial aid information for benefits other than VA or military benefits can visit http://www.clemson.edu/financial-aid/ to find more information. Several financial aid programs and options are available to students from a variety of backgrounds and financial situations. Once enrolled at Clemson, students have several responsibilities regarding deadlines, so pay careful attention to financial aid policies.


Checklist for Getting Benefits

  1. Apply online at http://www.va.gov. Complete the VONAPP-application for education benefits.

  2. The VA will process your application and forward a Certification of Eligibility to the veteran student. This letter will show the percentage of benefit and the delimiting date.

  3. Take the Certificate of Eligibility to your School Certifying Official (SCO), Jennifer Elliott.

  4. Enroll in classes.

  5. Complete the Clemson University form (Clemson username and password required): Veterans Certification Request Form and return to the SCO.

  6. Enrollment information will be reported to the VA and payment will be issued.

  7. To follow-up on payment status or find out where your payment is, please call the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551.

The SCO can only certify your enrollment when you have completed the application process and registered for classes. You may only register for classes that apply credit toward graduation in your chosen major/curriculum.