Audio Engineering and Music Production - Rising 10th-12th Graders
Ever wonder how a recording studio works? Got a song you’ve always wanted to record, but don’t know where to start? Audio Production Bootcamp is an intensive one-week hands-on introduction to the world of music and sound production. You’ll experience the entire process of recording, from sketching out your musical idea, to sequencing electronic instruments, multi-track recording, all the way to the final mix. You’ll be exposed to both the creative and technical aspects of music production and get a chance to record your own voice or instrument using the same top quality gear the pros use. You will the leave the session with a fully produced music track in hand, ready to play for your friends, post on social media, or send to that all-important talent scout.
- Basic computer skills are necessary.
- No music experience is necessary, however familiarity with computer-based music software is advantageous.
- A roughly sketched song idea, music track, or beat.
- **Though not required, students are welcome to bring an instrument along (acoustic or electric guitar for example) to use in their recording.
Over the course of the week, we will:
- Go over the end to end process of going from an idea to a final produced track
- Expose you to professional studio equipment used in the recording process
- Use electronic instruments to create background instrumentation for your song idea or music track
- Show you the basics of using MIDI to sequence instrumental tracks
- Record live instruments or voice in a high quality studio
- Show you the process mixing your creation to a final professional track
This course is offered in:
- Session Two (June 7-13)
- Session Four (June 21-27)
- Session Six (July 12-18)
Course Leader: Hamilton Altstatt