Molecular Biology - Rising 10th-12th Graders
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- DNA/RNA chemistry
- Gene cloning
- Protein separation via column chromatography
- Manipulations of bacteria
- Bacterial transformations
- Isolation of plasmid and recombinant DNA
- Restriction analysis of DNA
- Extractions, analysis, and separation and quantification of DNA and proteins in agarose gel electrophoresis
This course is offered in Sessions Five (July 5-11) and Seven (July 19-25).
Course Leader: Donna Weinbrenner, Ph.D.