Vet Camp - Rising 10th-12th Graders
Learn more about animals and animal industries through hands-on experiences. This exciting opportunity will include live animal veterinary skills by milking dairy cows, bottle feeding calves, working beef cattle, shearing sheep, artificial insemination in pigs, and handling of horses.
Students will also visit a fully-functional veterinary hospital and learn how to dissect post-mortem animals, suture, ultrasound, perform blood tests, and evaluate hierological samples.
Students will learn the following:
- Basic anatomy of the cow and the dog
- Comparative physiology of many species including humans
- Medical and management needs of all major farm animals
- Emerging technologies in the medical field
- Veterinary and Medical ethics
- Parasite identification and management
This course is offered in the following sessions:
- One (May 31-June 6)
- Two (June 7-13)
- Three (June 14-20)
- Six (July 12-18)
2019 Daily Schedule
|Godley Snell Research Center||Cattle and Sheep Farm||Dairy Farm - calf feeding, ultrasound, and milking||Wet Lab - fecal test, blood test, histology||Dog and Cat Dissection @GSRC|
|Radiology Lab||Handling & Suture Lab @ GSRC||Equine Farm - handling|
|Rat Dissection @ GSRC|
*Schedule is tentative and subject to change.