Holtzendorff Hall M-10, Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
Phone: (864) 656-5622
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering, Clemson University
- M.B.A. (Business Administration), Clemson University
- Certificate in Engineering and Science Education, Clemson University
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, Clemson University
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, Clemson University
- EIT (Engineer in Training)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Solidworks Associate
- ENGR 1020: Engineering Skills & Disciplines
- ENGR 1410: Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving
- ENGR 2080: Engineering Graphics and Machine Design
- Problem solving and mental workload in Engineering Education
- Process Improvement and Error Mitigation in Healthcare
- Grigg, S.J., Garrett, S.K., & Craig, J. (2011) A Process Centered Analysis of Medication Administration: Identifying Current Methods and Potential for Improvement. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 41(4), 380-388.
- Grigg, S.J., Garrett, S.K., & Miller, M.K. (October 2009) Helping a Hospital Shine: Workflow and Space Utilization aid South Carolina residents. IE Industrial Engineer Magazine, 24:10, 24-29.
- Grigg, S.J., Benson, L.C., VanDyken ,J., and Morkos, B. (2013) Process Analysis as a Feedback Tool for Development of Engineering Problem Solving Skills. Proceedings of the 2013 ASEE Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, June 2013.
- Kirn, A., Grigg, S., & Benson, L. C. (2013). Relationships between Engineering Student Motivation and Problem Solving Performance. American Educational Research Association Conference. San Francisco, CA: American Education Research Association.
- Grigg, S.J., & Benson, L.C. (2012) How Does Academic Preparation Influence How Engineering Students Solve Problems? Proceedings of the 2012 Frontiers in Education Conference, Seattle, Washington, October 2012.
- Benson, L., Cook, M., McGough, C. & Grigg, S. (2012) Audio Reflections Provide Evidence of Metacognition during Students’ Problem Solving Attempts. Proceedings of the 2012 Frontiers in Education Conference, Seattle, Washington, October 2012.
- Grigg, S.J. & Benson, L.C. (2012) Effects of Student Strategies on Successful Problem Solving. Proceedings of the 2012 ASEE Conference, San Antonio, Texas, June 2012.
- Grigg, S.J., Benson, L.C., & Garrett, S.K. (2012) Using the NASA-TLX to Assess First Year Engineering Problem Difficulty. Proceedings of the 2012 IIE Research Conference, Orlando, Florida, May 2012.
- Grigg, S.J., & Benson, L.C. (2011) Work in Progress: Robust Engineering Problems for the Study of Problem Solving Strategies. Proceedings of the 2011 Frontiers in Education Conference, Rapid City, South Dakota, October 2011.
- Grigg, S.J., Benson, L.C. & McGough, C. (2011) Technology Adoption Behaviors in a First Year Engineering Classroom. Proceedings of the 2011 ASEE Conference, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, June 2011.
- Grigg, S.J., Garrett, S.K., & Duchowski, A.T. (2010) Exploring Perceptual Errors Involving Motorcycle Distance Misjudgments. Proceedings of the 2010 IIE Research Conference, Cancun, Mexico, June 2010.
- Grigg, S.J., & Garrett, S.K. (2009) Risk Factors and Causes of Fatal Motorcycle Accidents. Proceedings of the 2009 IIE Research Conference, Miami, FL, January 2009.
- Grigg, S.J., Zelaya, M.I., Cobb, M.C., & Garrett, S.K. (2009) Healthcare Quality in South Carolina: Challenges and Current Initiatives. Proceedings of the 2009 IIE Research Conference, Miami, FL, January 2009.