The South Carolina Earth Science Teachers Association (SCESTA) serves as a forum and resource repository for earth science teachers, at all levels, across the state. Its objectives include:
- Keeping teachers informed of professional development opportunities provided through South Carolina colleges and universities.
- Promoting earth science courses at the college level.
- Using an email listserv to provide current information on local, state and national earth science activities.
- Recognizing and rewarding outstanding earth science educators throughout South Carolina.
- Maintaining a website where teachers can access exemplary
earth-science lessons and other classroom resources.