STAR Model Video Contest
Congratulations to our 2020-2021 winners!
1st place- Evan Miyasato (Faculty Sponsor: Scott Husson)
2nd place- Claire Haenoehrl (Faculty Sponsor: Scott Husson)
3rd place- Will Burnette (Faculty Sponsor: Scott Husson)
All Clemson students are invited to join the Rutland Institute for Ethics for our STAR Decision-Making Model Video Contest. Individuals and/or teams create a video introducing and explaining the STAR Decision-Making Model. The video should walk the audience through every step of the STAR Decision-Making Model and include a relatable example for college students. Prizes are awarded to the top 3 videos and the sponsoring faculty who advertised the contest to those individuals/teams.
When: One registration per team must be completed by November 30, 2021 and videos are due by 4:00pm on December 31, 2021.
How: Videos should be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and an email with the link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prizes are in total and must be split evenly amongst team members listed in presentation.
1st Place- $1,000
2nd Place- $500
3rd Place- $250
Individual students or team of students will have the opportunity to list the sponsoring faculty member who promoted this event within his or her class(es). Faculty who are listed in the registration information of winning teams will also receive a stipend for marketing and supporting the event.
1st place faculty stipend- $250
2nd place faculty stipend- $150
3rd place faculty stipend- $100
Additional Information & Tips:
- If students are interested, the CHANGE Student Group is available for a STAR Decision-Making Model workshop. Please indicate interest in a workshop on your registration form.
- Videos will be judged based on this judging rubric.
- Videos should be no more than 7 minutes long and must include a slide at the beginning or end with a list of full names and disciplines of study for each team member.
- Winners will be announced by February 26th.
- Video recording equipment can be checked out from Cooper Library.
- Clemson's Adobe Digital Studio can provide assistance with video production and editing and has video and audio recording studios available.
- Some free video editing software: Screencast-o-matic, Shotcut, Camtasia
- Faculty members are encouraged to consider making this competition a part of their curriculum as it relates to ethics education and their discipline or as an extra credit assignment.
- Questions about the Video Contest can be directed to Rachel Dial at email@example.com or calling (864) 656-2473.