Thank you for your purchase of a new computer from the Clemson Computer Store. Please follow these instructions for Macs to get the recommended Clemson software loaded on your laptop.
- Turn on your new laptop and complete the registration information on the welcome screen.
- Plug your laptop into an on-campus ethernet port and navigate to this web page (www.clemson.edu/ccit/store click on "System Setup Guide")
- You may be prompted to agree to the terms and conditions of the Clemson network.
- When it asks you to restart your computer you can just unplug and replug your ethernet port to reset your connection.
- Activate your AppleCare Protection Plan (if you bought it): Open the box for the applecare and read the instructions.
- Install MS Office, antivirus, etc. onto your new laptop from the Clemson Mac Software page.
- Install Eduroam (Clemson wireless settings) from the Clemson Mac Software page.
- Unplug the ethernet port from your laptop.
- Attempt to navigate to www.clemson.edu or www.google.com to test your wireless connection.
- You may be prompted to accept the Clemson network terms and conditions again. when prompted to restart your computer, turn your wireless network off and then back on again.
If your wireless connection does not work immediately don't worry. Simply turn your wireless network off and then back on again from the wireless icon in the top right corner of the screen. If you still can't get your wireless working, make sure you are within range of an Eduroam antenna where other users can get a strong signal. If after you run the wireless setup program again and have tried rebooting your computer you still cannot get connected, please visit the CCIT help desk on the 2nd floor of the Library.
Windows and Bootcamp installation on your laptop
- Ensure your are plugged into an ethernet port on campus.
- Navigate to the Clemson Mac Software Installer page and select the Windows/Bootcamp installer.
- Follow the on screen instructions. Do not unplug your network cord until it completes.
- Once bootcamp is successfully installed, you can access it by holding down the "Option" key during boot up.
- If you want to run Windows simultaneously with MacOS X, you can purchase the optional VMWare or Parallels software at the Apple Store for $49.95
If you have trouble with the Windows bootcamp installation, please visit the CCIT Help Desk in the Student Union.
iPod and iPhone Setup
- Make sure your iPod Touch or iPhone is in range to Eduroam, the Clemson wireless network.
- Press the "Home" button on the iPod and click on the Settings application(picture of gears).
- click on "Wi-Fi Networks"
- Choose network name "Eduroam"
- Type in your Clemson network username and password. This is case sensitive, make sure your use the whole username with @clemson.edu do not use g.clemson.edu
- The iPod should attempt to connect to Eduroam. If it does not, try again, or turn Wi-Fi off and then back on again. Be sure to test the Eduroam signal from your laptop where you are so you know you can get a good signal, or move closer to an Eduroam antenna.
- To test the network works properly open the web browser and navigate to www.google.com or www.clemson.edu. It will ask you to agree to the terms and conditions of the network, and login again. Do this before continuing.
- Once your network works properly on your iPod, navigate to the Clemson iPod/iPhone utility page to install other Clemson-specific settings.