Clemson University Graduate School
Clemson graduate students come from 48 states and more than 70 countries.
The purpose of the Graduate School is to promote superior research and scholarship and provide the highest levels of education and training for students who may pursue careers in academia, government, the nonprofit sector, business and industry. The mandate of the Graduate School is to assist departments in recruiting and supporting outstanding students who will be capable of continual inquiry into fundamental questions in their fields and who can communicate clearly their findings through research, scholarship, teaching and service.
The Graduate School coordinates University-wide efforts in graduate education and is responsible for policies and standards governing graduate education. Clemson University’s Graduate School administers all graduate programs of the University. Clemson University offers 49 doctoral, 82 master’s, and three educational specialist degree(s) across more than 80 fields of study. The Graduate School oversees University fellowships and assistantships for Graduate Students.
The mission of the Clemson University Graduate School is to provide a transformative education that generates intellectual, economic and social capital for the benefit of all.
The Graduate School will fuel the implementation of the University's strategic plan, ClemsonForward, by
- bolstering Clemson's reputation as an R-1 (highest research activity) Carnegie Classification institution;
- investing in a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, advances transformative thinking and instills individual and social responsibility;
- facilitating recruitment, retention, matriculation and graduation of exceptional graduate students;
- developing best-in-class support structures that enable students to develop personal and professional competence that prepares them for life after graduation;
- collaborating with faculty and academic units to effectively and affordably deliver high-quality graduate education; and
- developing resources and relationships that prepare Clemson to provide for the future needs of graduate education.
To learn more about the Graduate School, visit the Graduate School website.
As a Clemson graduate student, you have access to an array of University and Grad School resources and services. Whether you're newly accepted, prepping for graduation, or anywhere in between, the Graduate School invites you to use the STUDENTS section the Graduate School website as a convenient portal for information.