- Provides support for sustainability researchers at Cooper Library.
- Offers Creative Inquiries for students to come alongside professors to address sustainability issues on campus (ex. Food Waste Recovery Initiative).
- Has 94% of researching departments engaged in sustainability research.
Clemson will make progress by:
- Creating an official research network that enables faculty and students to communicate with each other on sustainability work they are doing and advertise opportunities to get involved. The goals of this will be to:
- Encourage interdepartmental research initiatives.
- Provide opportunities for student research around the campus as a living laboratory for sustainability research.
- Creating a program to reduce waste in laboratory settings, similar to the Green Labs certification.
- Establishing a sustainable research grant for students (research corollary to the Student Initiative Fund).
- Coordinating grant proposal writing into an “Institute of Sustainability.”
- This will be a focal point for donors and research grants.