Skip to main content

Transfer Students


For information on how to apply to Clemson as a transfer student (including deadlines), please visit the Office of Admissions' application website. For those applicable, TriCounty Technical College offers a Bridge to Clemson program for transferring into Clemson.  Visit their site to learn more about the Bridge program.

Course Transfers

Clemson's Office of Admissions maintains a Transfer Course Equivalency List, commonly referred to as TCEL, that allows you to search by institution to see if coursework has been previously evaluated as being equivalent to a course at Clemson. Individual departments are responsible for determining equivalency for coursework with their course prefix (e.g., the mathematics department evaluates all coursework containing the MATH prefix). If a course is not in TCEL or you believe TCEL to be inaccurate, you may contact the department responsible for evaluating the course. We strongly encourage you to provide a detailed syllabus for the course in question. A detailed syllabus typically includes the textbook used, a schedule of topics, and a reading calendar.

Computer science is a rapidly changing field. In order to ensure the quality and integrity of our program, the School of Computing may request to evaluate any computer science transfer coursework.

Transfer Student Orientation and Advisement

Clemson offers a fantastic and comprehensive transfer student orientation that occurs before classes start. As part of the orientation experience, you will meet with a School of Computing advisor to go over your schedule and answer any questions you have regarding the academic programs. We look forward to seeing you!

How to Apply as a Transfer Student

To apply to Clemson University as a transfer student, please visit the Office of Admissions website.

For More Information

If you have any additional questions, please contact Dr. Chris Plaue to set up an appointment.