Clemson University Faculty ADVANCEment Office
The Future of TIGERS Advance - the Clemson University Faculty ADVANCEment Office!
Clemson University is pleased to introduce the Clemson University Faculty ADVANCEment Office.
The Faculty ADVANCEment Office will cultivate and implement research-informed programs that support faculty. Reporting to the Senior Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and Academic Affairs, leadership in the office are building upon the experiences of the NSF grant-funded TIGERS Advance Program.
The Office will have two focus areas:
- Faculty Mentoring - research best practices, lead university-wide network of senior faculty mentors to support mid- and later-career faculty
- Best Practices in Faculty Review - produce programming on the evaluations of teaching effectiveness; goal-setting and annual reviews; and tenure, promotion and reappointment (TPR).
The Faculty ADVANCEment Office, is pleased to announce an internal search for these roles:
The position summaries, job duties and responsibilities, and nomination and application process for these roles can be found in the links above. The following should be noted:
- Deadline for applications is March 8, 2023. Please submit via Interfolio through the links above
- Candidates will be interviewed by early April
- Successful applicants will begin onboarding mid April
These Faculty Fellows will help lead and engage in research-informed practices supporting our faculty. We look forward to receiving your application.
PDF version of Organizational Chart above can be found here
The Future of the Faculty ADVANCEment Office - Preliminary Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 Semester Plans
January 2023: A new space for the Faculty ADVANCEment Office, 210-212 Vickery Hall, is in final completion stages
Spring 2023: An Advisory Committee, comprised of representatives across the University, will serve as a resource for the director to help establish the office for long-term success
Spring 2023: Recruitment to take place for two faculty fellows, who will specialize in the unit's major project focus areas (mid career faculty mentoring and best practices in faculty review)
Spring 2023: Teams to be assembled with membership from each college for the Office's two major projects (mid-career mentoring and best practices in faculty review)
Summer/Fall 2023: Search to commence to appoint a research assistant professor or postdoctoral research fellow