Our tutors are upper-class students who have excelled in the course(s) they support and participate in extensive training to ensure they can provide quality learning support. The tutors have a genuine desire to help other students become more confident and independent learners.
Being a tutor is a great way to be engaged on campus and offer valuable support to many students.
Great reasons to become an ASC Tutor:
- Gain a transferable skillset that would be valued by any employer.
- Expand and maintain your grasp of the course material.
- Play a significant role in student success at Clemson University.
- Earn money and have fun while doing it.
ASC tutors must:
- Have earned an "A" in the course(s)* they wish to support.
- maintain a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Be available for at least four hours of tutoring per week and all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Have a recommendation from a faculty member.
- Enroll in a one-hour credit course the first semester of employment or have earned a grade if Pass (P) in an equivalent course (CU 1110).
- Attend a new tutor orientation prior to beginning of classes.
*Language tutors must have completed course work in the foreign language from the 1010 level through the 2020 level at Clemson. AP scores and transfer credit are generally not accepted.
Please complete the tutor application and ask a faculty member to complete the tutor recommendation form. Completed applications and recommendations can be returned to 311 ASC or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.