New Student and Family Information
Learn How to Learn. Strengthen Skills. Build Confidence and Independence.
The Academic Success Center staff provide students with the support they need to be confident, independent and lifelong learners. We connect you with professional academic coaches and peer learning leaders who can show you new ways to learn. Center staff can help you define what success looks like for you. Success happens at the Center!
Academic Coaching allows students to see themselves, their skills, and their study habits from a fresh perspective through one-on-one sessions focused on learning and personal success strategies. To learn more about Academic Coaching, click here!
Tutoring and Peer-Led Learning
Course support sessions provide students with the opportunity to master course concepts and effectively use their study time to learn and collaborate with other students who are also focused on their academic success. To learn more about our course support services and to view the schedules, click the links below:
Success Strategy Workshops
Virtual, interactive presentations that can help you sharpen your learning and thinking skills, increase your confidence and enhance your knowledge of success strategies and resources.
To register for workshops, click here.
Top 10 Things You Need to Know About the Center
- More than 96% of students who participated in our services would recommend us to their friends
- We provide free learning strategy handouts and student planners
- You can reserve individual or group study rooms
- Students who participate in our services have higher GPA than students who don’t participate
- Gain more insight into your learning and study strategies by taking the LASSI questionnaire
- Nearly 70% of new students utilize one or more of our service
- You can download more than 20 self-guided success worksheets from our online learning page
- Our building has study areas for quiet individual study or group meetings
- Students who participate in our services keep their scholarships at higher rates than students who don’t participate
- Our staff is about your success! When you succeed, we succeed
Other Helpful Resources
- Guide to ASC Services and Resources (PDF)
- ASC Online Learning Resource page
- Strategies for Thriving in Online Courses
- Facebook – CU Academic Success Center
- Instagram – @cuAcademicSuccessCenter
- Youtube – Clemson Academic Success Center
Let Us Know How We Can Help
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org