The Division of Research strives to support faculty and students who continue to push the boundaries of scholarship and discovery at Clemson, a Carnegie R1 research institution. Our mission is to enhance Clemson’s reputation as a world-class research institution, while promoting a culture of discovery and excellence in a collaborative, diverse, safe and inclusive environment.
The Division nurtures research activity at Clemson through its R-Initiative funding programs and celebrates excellence through the Researcher of the Year program and the University Research, Scholarship and Artistic Achievement Awards.
The Division assists faculty in pursuing competitive research funding, managing awards, navigating complex regulation and compliance matters, collaborating with industry, and commercializing technologies. Additionally, the Division operates four core research facilities that offer world-class equipment and highly trained staff.
- View the COVID-19 Research Resources webpage for important updates, operational and safety guidance, answers to frequently asked questions, and more information.
- The Office of Research Compliance is now using InfoEd to streamline the processing of applications, amendments and continuing reviews for Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) protocols. More information.
- Read the latest quarterly research report.
- Use Faculty Insight to find collaborators and funding opportunities specific to your expertise.
- Coming soon: The iLab Solutions online platform will streamline scheduling and billing at our core facilities, benefiting users, principal investigators, accounting managers and facility staff.
- Industry Collaboration Podcast: Join the University-Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP) for candid discussions about partnership and collaboration across academia, industry and government.
- Watch the video tutorial for finding funding for your research and service activities if you missed attending the workshop earlier.
- Animal Resources
- Business Affairs
- Conflict of Interest
- Clemson Light Imaging Facility (CLIF)
- Clemson University Research Foundation (CURF)
- Electron Microscopy Facility
- Export Compliance and Research Security
- Grants and Contracts Administration
- Office of Industry Contracts
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Office of Research Development
- Research Compliance
- Research Safety
Boost your chances for a CAREER award
The Office of Research Development (ORD) is accepting applications for its CAREER Academy, which provides a dedicated support structure for untenured junior faculty who are planning to submit National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) proposals. The Academy begins in the Spring semester.
Application Deadline: December 1st
NIH Behavioral and Social Sciences Research Festival
The festival brings together behavioral and social scientists across the NIH extramural and intramural communities to network, collaborate, and share scientific ideas
December 1st to 2nd from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
National Science Foundation Virtual Grants Conference
NSF staff will provide up-to-date information about the proposal and award process, specific funding opportunities and answering attendee questions.
November 30th to December 4th from 1:00 - 4:00 pm