We've compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions that we commonly receive in regards to training at Facilities. Note that this FAQ is tentative and will change as we receive additional questions. However, before we get into the FAQ, here's a small list of links you might find useful:
Frequently Asked Training Questions
- Question: If I want to attend a conference, how do I go about it?
Answer: If you come across a brochure or your supervisor/manager makes a suggestion that you attend a conference, simply complete a training request form obtaining your supervisor's/manager's signature as well as the director and forward the information to Cecelia Jackson, Training Manager. She will make sure that you are registered for the conference.
- Q: If the conference is out of town, how do I make travel arrangements?
A: Cecelia Jackson will make flight reservations and pay for them with the Training Visa card. You must make the hotel reservations on your own, as she is not allowed to guarantee the hotel accommodations on the Visa card. The hotel room is charged to a personal credit card and then reimbursed upon completion of the trip.
- Q: How do I get reimbursed for travel expenses related to training?
A: After you have completed training and returned to work, please supply Cecelia Jackson with the following information:
- date and time of departure
- date and time of return
- mileage (if applicable)
- rental vehicle receipt (if applicable)
- an itemized hotel bill
- if/what meals were furnished (per diem will be calculated accordingly; in-state meals $25/day and out of state $32/day. No receipts are required for meals)
- as well as how she may contact you with any questions
Cecelia will enter the information into CUBS and generate a voucher for you to obtain the appropriate signatures. Return the form to Cecelia and she will process it for payment as soon as possible. The funds will be electronically deposited into the same bank account as your paycheck.
- Q: How do I reserve a state vehicle for transportation to the training course?
A: Contact Cecelia to make the reservation for you.
- Q: How can I find out what computer courses are offered on campus, and how do I register?
A: You can access the CLE training calendar online. However, to enroll online you need to know your Clemson User ID and password in order to enroll in classes. If you're unsure of your userid, you can find out what it is by doing a search at Clemson's online phonebook. If you're never logged into CLE as yourself or into any computer system at Clemson for that matter, your default password is usually the last 5-digits of your Social Security Number.
- Q: After I complete a training/conference, is there a follow-up?
A: If you have not already contacted Cecelia Jackson during the registration process, please contact her, preferably through email to inform her that you have completed the course and received any certification/license as a result to be included in the training database.
- Q: Does University Facilities have a virtual library of training resources
A: Yes. There are many documents, videos, training materials within the Facilities department. Contact Cecelia to inquire about available training resources.