Advanced Materials Research Lab
- Alternative Transportation: Two bus routes are located within 1/4 mile; bicycle racks and showers provided; car pool special parking provided; shielded lights.
- Innovative Wastewater Technologies: All toilets are either low-flow or dual flush, saving 39% of the potable water typically used; water efficient landscape.
Energy and Atmosphere
- Optimize Energy Performance: Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1-1999 by 45% using a high efficiency glazing system, high efficiency lighting with T5 lamps, increased chiller efficiency and a variable speed drive on one chiller.
Materials and Resources
- Construction Waste Management: 83% of all construction waste was recycled including concrete, asphalt, paper, metal and cardboard. 524 Tons of waste recycled (1 million lbs).
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Construction IAQ Management Plan: All ducts and permeable materials were protected against contamination during construction; all construction filtration media was replaced before occupancy. Also, CO2 monitors installed; low VOC materials and furnishings; daylighting of regularly occupied spaces.
LEED® v2.1 Silver Certified 2005 - Building Statistics
- Location: 91 Technology Drive Anderson SC 29625
- Completion Date: November 2004
- Cost: $22 Million
- Size: 111,000 gross square feet
- Footprint: 74,000 square feet
- Construction Type: Institutional
- Use Group: Office and Laboratory
- Lot Size: 31 acres
- Occupancy: 200 beds