The Girls Center at Clemson University is pleased to announce the 2014 Empowering Girls Symposium. We believe strongly that exposing girls to S.T.E.M., helping them develop critical thinking skills and introducing career options early gives them an edge on success in today’s ever-changing, competitive workplace. Don’t miss this power-packed, one-day learning and networking experience for girls ages 12-21 and the adults who support them.
Keynote Speaker JJ DiGeronimo
Nationally recognized as a technology executive, author, speaker, entrepreneur and S.T.E.M. advocate, JJ is founder and CEO of Tech Savvy Women and the author of “The Working Woman’s GPS” and other highly sought after books. A global spokesperson for women leaders, she is regularly featured in various media outlets on how best to empower girls and women for success in the workplace.
$100 per person (ages 12 and up)
Includes continental breakfast and lunch buffet
Registration Deadline is Friday, October 31
Who Should Attend?
- Girls aged 12-21
- Program practitioners from state agencies, non-profits and faith-based organizations
- Teachers and guidance counselors
- Political, business and community leaders
- Parents and other adults who support the well-being of girls
- Interactive Career Fair
- Hands-on S.T.E.M. activities
- Showcase of Youth Entrepreneurs
- Personal Branding/Marketing Yourself
- Negotiating the Salary You're Worth
- Cool Careers for Confident Girls
- Best Practices in S.T.E.M.
- Setting Your Career G.P.S.
- Infusing the Arts into S.T.E.M.
- Girls as Young Entrepreneurs
- Social Media: From Fun to Finance
- Unlocking Girls' Passion for Science
Columbia Conference Center
169 Laurelhurst Avenue Columbia,SC 29210