New Student and Family Programs is responsible for the transition of new students and their families at Clemson University with the ultimate goal of retaining them through graduation.
We believe college is a transformational experience that positively impacts lives. New Student and Family Programs has the honor to support students and families through transition periods as they explore their academic and personal goals from their first year at Clemson through graduation. Our programs are designed to support all new students with focused attention on populations with unique needs and interests. All our programs aim to connect each new Clemson student and their family to personalized support and meaningful opportunities by promoting academic excellence and successful transitions. Click here to download this information in a document format.
New Student and Family Programs By the Numbers
Our major programming includes:
- New Student Orientation 2015
- Freshman orientation - 3468 students
- Transfer orientation - 1255 students
- Parents and guests - 5723 participants
- Clemson Connect (extended orientation) - 4600 students. Programming includes New Student Convocation, Out of State Connections, Maps & Munchies and Lunch in the Valley
- Family Weekend - 2800 attendees across three events: Family Fest, Tailgate and Farewell Brunch
Our office is also directing the following:
- Student leadership
- CONNECTIONS Peer Mentors - 36 students
- Orientation Ambassadors - 40 students
- Renaissance MAN Executive Board - 8 students
- Welcome Leader Coordinators - 25 students
- Additional student leadership:
- Welcome Leaders - 350 students
- CONNECTIONS - 60 students
- Renaissance MAN - 16 students
- Orientation and transition communication
- New Student Orientation Guide - 8000 freshman copies
- New Student Orientation Guide - 4000 transfer copies
- New Student Orientation app, through Guidebook
- 18,243 page views
- 123,973 sponsor views with 170 sponsor clicks
- Parents' Council Advisory Board - 50 parent members
- Parent programs and communications
- Clemson Family Press (electronic newsletter) - 10 editions each year
- Family Handbook - 4500 copies
- Clemson Family Press (orientation edition) - 4500 copies
- Parent Council Calendar - 4500 copies
- Family Events postcard - 4000 copies
- Parent Instagram - 227 followers @ClemsonParents
- Parent Twitter - 1840 followers @ClemsonParents
As a sponsor, you have the unique opportunity to help us make a positive, lasting impression on our new students and their families. Our office work and campus collaborations serve as a central location for students to make connections across campus and the surrounding Clemson community. Each level offers the ability to customize your sponsorship support depending on the programs we offer and your company's purpose and vision. Our programs and publications have many uses, and some are intended for use over the duration of a student's enrollment at Clemson University. We look forward to collaborating with you to design a sponsorship package that is supportive and beneficial for you.
There are seven levels of sponsorship available to support New Student and Family Programs at Clemson University. Sponsorships are annual term agreements, May 1 - April 30. We recommend Campus Banner and Design if you would like assistance with any design concerns; their rates are competitive.
CONTACT US! To discuss this with us further, please complete the online Sponsorship Interest Form and/or contact Rebecca Atkinson at New Student and Family Programs, 864-656-0515.