You already know the answers to that question.
- When you are driving, slow down.
- Watch for pedestrians who might step in front of your vehicle.
- Don’t text or e-mail while you are driving.
- When you are walking or riding a bicycle or skateboard, look both ways before you cross the street.
- Don’t assume drivers see you or will stop.
- Be aware of what is happening around you, so be careful if you are texting or listening to music while you are walking. You may not see or hear a vehicle or the bicyclist who is about to pass you.