- Link Library (Links to all information relevant to the manuscript review process)
Below is an outline of the electronic manuscript submission process that you will follow for your Master’s thesis or PhD dissertation prior to graduation. For brevity, we often will refer to a manuscript as an ETD (Electronic Thesis and Dissertation). Click on each step for more information about each stage of the process. Before you submit your manuscript, refer to the Final ETD Checklist to ensure that your formatting is as compliant with Clemson University’s manuscript format guidelines as possible. See the FAQs page for more information.
Before you submit your manuscript, please read this reminder about plagiarism. Plagiarism includes the accidental or unintentional representation of another’s words or ideas as your own, as well as intentional misrepresentation of the origin of work, so take this important last step to ensure that you have avoided identifying another person’s work as your own.
Very early in the semester of your planned graduation, make sure you understand the process of converting your document to PDF format, and that you’re aware of all relevant Current Student Deadlines. If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Steps in the Electronic Manuscript Submission Process
- FORMAT: Format your manuscript according to the Graduate School’s requirements.
- DEFEND: Defend your thesis/dissertation, make any revisions required by your committee, and submit your signed GS7M or GS7D form.
- CONVERT: Convert your manuscript to a PDF file.
- SUBMIT (upload for review and publication): Follow the instructions for uploading your manuscript for review. Please note: you must read through the information on the SUBMIT page prior to uploading your manuscript. PRINTED HARDCOPIES are not accepted for review or publication.
Please be aware that there are no longer any fees required to upload, publish and archive your thesis or dissertation.
- WAIT FOR RESULTS: You will receive a results email within approximately one to two business days. If your manuscript is approved, you have finished; congrats!
- REVISE: If revisions are required, you will need to make those revisions as detailed in the email from Manuscript Review, convert your revised document to PDF, upload, and wait for a response again. This process will be repeated until your manuscript is accepted. Be aware that most manuscripts require at least one round of revisions. Also, your manuscript will not be approved until Enrolled Services has received your signed GS7 form and updated your status in their database.
[PhD candidates ONLY: Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates.]
- BREATHE: You’ve finished. Congratulations!