This Multi-User Analytical Laboratory (MUAL) was set up in 1990 to provide students, faculty and staff throughout Clemson University and especially in the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences with access to equipment which may not be available in individual laboratories and may only be needed periodically and not be practical for individual laboratories to obtain and maintain.
An updated laboratory website is temporarily maintained at http//people.clemson.edu/~ntharay/mual/.
Goals and Services
In keeping with the mission of the university as well as the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences the Multi-User Analytical laboratory has activities that involve the three focal areas of Clemson University - research, teaching and public service.
- Provide hands on training for students in sample processing, method development, and analysis so as to make them self-sufficient in analyzing their samples.
- Provide collaborative assistance to PIs in collection of preliminary data, data analysis, verification of analytical methodology in proposals/manuscripts, and analytical method development/improvement for new projects.
• We provide letter-of-support to PIs indicating our commitment and describing the analytical capabilities of MUAL with regard to a proposed project
- Provide teaching support to various graduate and undergraduate courses so that classes can use current analytical equipment in MUAL.
- Process samples on a contract basis for non-University entities.
All of are services are very competitively priced. For information about our charge rates please go to the Fees page