Redfern Health Center
Student Health Fee
What is the cost?
- $160 per semester
- $58 per summer session
- Mandatory: Students enrolled for six or more credit hours (three or more during each summer session).
- Voluntary: Students enrolled in any University course who want to receive services (except University employees).
What services does the health fee cover?
- Professional services of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and health promotion professionals at no additional cost.
- Counseling visits in Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Reduced costs on pharmaceuticals, immunizations, laboratory and X-ray services.
- Secondary urgent-care insurance benefit that pays up to $500 per incident for expenses incurred in the treatment of emergency accidental injury that occurs when Redfern Health Center is closed or student is more than 30 miles from Redfern Health Center.
What is not included?
- Health insurance
- Pre-employment, annual GYN and routine physical exams
- Procedures (i.e., wart treatment, ear irrigation, laceration repair)
- Testing for ADD/learning disorders
- Psychiatrist visits
Others eligible for treatment on fee-for-service basis:
- Students who don’t pay the health fee
- Exchange visitors who don’t pay the health fee
- Visitors on campus