Redfern Health Center
Student Health Fee
What is the cost?
- $160 per semester
- $58 per summer session
- Mandatory: Students enrolled for six or more credit hours (three or more during each summer session).
- Voluntary: Students enrolled in any University course who want to receive services (except University employees).
What services does the health fee cover?
- Professional services of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and health promotion professionals at no additional cost.
- Counseling visits in Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Reduced costs on pharmaceuticals, immunizations, laboratory and X-ray services.
- Secondary urgent-care insurance benefit that pays up to $500 per incident for expenses incurred in the treatment of urgent problems that arise when Redfern Health Center is closed.
What is not included?
- Health insurance
- Pre-employment, annual GYN and routine physical exams
- Procedures (i.e., wart treatment, ear irrigation, laceration repair)
- Testing for ADD/learning disorders
- Psychiatrist visits
Others eligible for treatment on fee-for-service basis:
- Students who don’t pay the health fee
- Exchange visitors who don’t pay the health fee
- Visitors on campus