Staff Development Program
Download a printable version of the Eligibility Form
Who is eligible to apply to participate in the SDP?
- Applicant must be
in a FTE position with standard hours of at least 30 hours per week for at
least five years at Clemson as of 4/16/2013. Service time for work in a position
that had standard hours of less than 30 hours per week will not count towards
years of service when determining eligibility for the SDP. Employees currently
in a FTE position may count years of service in a temporary position if the
temporary position had standard hours of at least 30 hours per week.
- Applicant is not
currently receiving benefits from the SC State Retirement System (SCSRS, PORS
or State ORP).
- Applicant must
have been in current position at least one year as of 4/16/2013.
- Applicant received
at least a “Successful” on EPMS evaluations for 2011-12 and 2012-13 and has
received no documented disciplinary actions through Human Resources within the
past two years as of 4/16/2013.
- Applicant has
received no merit or performance-based salary increase (except state-mandated
cost-of-living adjustments) within the last two years, as of 4/16/2013, totaling
10 percent or greater.
- Applicant is not
at the top of his/her pay band.
- Applicant accepts
that if the ten percent salary increase, up to $4,000, would place him/her
above the top salary for current pay band, applicant will only receive the part
of the increase that would bring salary to the top of current pay band.
- Applicants can only participate once in the SDP. Previous participants are not eligible.
Download the SDP Application Form
The projected timeline for various phases of the program is as follows (subject to change based on funding):
- March 15, 2013 - Announce application process to the University
- March through April 16, 2013 - Conduct workshops for applicants
- April 16, 2013 - Completed applications due
- June 3, 2013 - Participants for 2013-2014 announced
- June 19, 2013 - Conduct orientation sessions for participants and supervisors
- July 1, 2013 - Proposed date for new participants to begin program