Phone: (864) 656-6541
Office: 283 Sirrine Hall
Awards & Recent Publications
- Outstanding Achievments in Sciences, Clemson University, 2013
- Lectureship award of East China University of Science & Technology, Shanghai, China: “Functional polymeric materials” (2008)
- Kimberly-Clark award for research on “Nanofibers through electroexplosion”(2008)
- Award for Faculty Excellence, Clemson University Board of Trustees (2010)
- Alexander Tokarev, Bethany Kaufman, Yu Gu, Taras Andrukh1, Peter H. Adler, and Konstantin G. Kornev "Probing viscosity of nanoliter droplets of butterfly saliva by magnetic rotational spectroscopy", Appl. Phys. Lett., 2013, DOI: 10.1063/1.4788927
- Fehime Vatansever, Ruslan Burtovyy, Bogdan Zdyrko, Karthik Ramaratnam, Taras Andrukh, Sergiy Minko, Jeffrey R. Owens, Konstantin G. Kornev, and Igor Luzinov "Toward Fabric-Based Flexible Microfluidic Devices: Pointed Surface Modification for pH Sensitive Liquid Transport", ACS Appl Mater Interfaces, 2012, DOI: 10.1021/am3008664.
- Anton Grigoryev, Ihor Tokarev, Konstantin G. Kornev, Igor Luzinov, and Sergiy Minko "Superomniphobic Magnetic Microtextures with Remote Wetting Control", Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, DOI: 10.1021/ja305348n.
- Alexander Tokarev, Alexey Aprelev, Mikhail N. Zakharov, Guzeliya Korneva, Yury Gogotsi, and Konstantin G. Kornev "Multifunctional magnetic rotator for micro and nanorheological studies", Review of Scientific Instruments, 2012, DOI: 10.1063/1.4729795.
- Ruslan Burtovyy, Binyamin Rubin, Mahmut O. Kesimci, Igor Luzinov, Jeffery Owens, Konstantin G. Kornev "Surface Differential Scanning Calorimeter for Evaluation of Evaporative Cooling Efficiency", Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 2012.
- Chen-Chih Tsai, Binyamin Rubin, Eugen Tatartschuk, Jeffery R.Owens, Igor Luzinov, Konstantin G. Kornev "Efficiency of Microwave Heating of Weakly Loaded Polymeric Nanocomposites", Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 2012.
- Richard E. Groff, Meng Li, Harshwardhan Karve, Alexander Tokarev, Kostantin G. Kornev "Bending and Position Hysteresis of Magnetic Microfibers in Nonuniform Magnetic Fields", Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 2012.
- Mikhail Motornov, Sergiy Z. Malynych, Deepthi S. Pippalla, Bogdan Zdyrko, Halyna Royter, Yuri Roiter, Mathew Kahabka, Alexander Tokarev, Ihor Tokarev, Ekaterina Zhulina, Konstantin G. Kornev, Igor Luzinov, and Sergiy Minko "Field-directed self-assembly with locking nanoparticles", Nanoletters, 2012, DOI: 10.1021/nl301780x.
- Alexander Tokarev, Igor Luzinov, Jeffery Owens, and Konstantin G Kornev "Magnetic rotational spectroscopy with nanorods to probe time-dependent rheology of microdroplets", Langmuir, June 2012, DOI: 10.1021/la3019474.
URL PDF Supporting Information
- Daria Monaenkova, Taras Andrukh, and Konstantin G.Kornev , Wicking of liquids into sagged fabrics, Soft Matter, 2012, DOI: 10.1039/C2SM07080D.
PhD in Physics & Mathematics, Kazan State University, USSR 1988
M.S, Mechanics & Mathematics, Kazan State University, USSR 1983
Dr.Kornev’s Micro and Nanofluidic Systems Lab is working on the development of fundamental principles of fiber-based nanofluidics inspired by the lepidopteran fluidic system. The research helps develop a new class of fiber-based devices capable of probing and transporting previously impossible-to-reach liquids, such as those drawn from a single cell or tissue. The basic principles can be used in a wide range of absorbent materials, as in applications requiring low-volume fluid retrieval and analysis coupled with controlled manipulation, such as environmental monitoring and biomedical and forensic probing.
Dr. Kornev's research interests include: biomechanics of insect feeding, wetting and capillary phenomena, magnetic phenomena in nanocomposites, optical and magneto-optical effects, and interactions of strong electromagnetic fields with materials.
We would like to thank IET Labs, Inc. www.ietlabs.com for donating a resistance decade box.