- AUPs are reviewed by the Office of Research Compliance, the attending veterinarian and the IACUC
- AUPs may be assigned either designated or full review status
- Designated: Designated review protocols will be assigned an IACUC reviewer. A five-business-day review period is assigned in which members have the opportunity to review the protocol and to respond to the reviewer if there are concerns. If no concerns are expressed by committee members or the reviewer, the protocol will be approved and the investigator and facility manager will be notified. If problems occur or concerns are noted, the protocol will be processed utilizing full committee review.
- Full: Full committee reviews are reviewed and discussed at the monthly IACUC meetings. Prior to the meeting, two reviewers are assigned to review the protocol and to provide an overview to the committee at the meeting. The following actions may result:
- Approve as submitted
- Withhold approval pending clarifications or modifications
The investigator and facility manager will be notified of the review outcome.
Please note: Animal facility managers are not allowed to purchase, transfer or accept animals for projects until receipt of documented IACUC approval.