Student Affairs

Off-Campus Student Services


If you are considering the move from campus life into suburbia, or if you are simply interested in what the Clemson Community has to offer - then the Off-Campus Living Guide is for you.

Living on your own for the first time can be overwhelming and expensive if you are not careful. The JCUAB, or Joint City-University Advisory Board, encourages you to do a little research and "educate before it's too late." The link above is Clemson's first Off-Campus Living Guide and is packed full of great contacts, things to consider, and suggestions for first-time renters or home owners. Be sure to read through the guide and utilize the worksheets provided for budgeting and apartment shopping. 

Hopefully, this guide will be your handbook through one of the most exciting times in life. Don't forget to educate yourself - be safe, be smart and enjoy your time in Clemson, South Carolina. Another great resource is the Off-Campus Housing website. Here you can find available apartments, look for roommates, look for available sublets, etc.

Just because you live off campus doesn't mean you can't use the on-campus resources!

The Dean of Students Office is here to help with your needs both on and off campus. Please email, call or come by our office located in room 202 in the Hendrix Student Center with any questions or concerns.

We can help with:

  • student crisis of any kind
  • alcohol and drug concerns
  • grief and other counseling
  • health needs and activities
  • how to get involved at Clemson
  • major and career issues
  • parental concerns or questions

Email us at or or call at 864-656-0935.