104 Holtzendorff Hall, Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
Phone: (864) 656-2542
- M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
University of Virginia
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Solidworks Associate (CSWA)
- Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- ENGR 1020: Engineering Disciplines and Skills
- ENGR 1410: Programming and Problem Solving (Matlab)
- ENGR 2080: Engineering Graphics and Machine Design (Solidworks)
Injury biomechanics, Thoracic Biomechanics, Pediatric Biomechanics
- Co-Advisor, Alpha Omega Epsilon, Professional Engineering Sorority
- Vice President Public Relations, Clemson Toastmasters
- Member, Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
- Member, Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
- Lau, SH (2013). Assessment of Macropus giganteus as a Biomechanical Model of the Pediatric Thorax (Master’s Thesis). University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
- Kent, R, Lopez-Valdes, F, Lamp, J, Lau, S, Parent, D, Kerrigan, J, Lessley, D, Salzar, R, Sochor, M, Bass, C, Maltese, M. (2012) Biomechanical Response Targets for Physical and Computational Models of the Pediatric Trunk. Traffic Injury Prevention, 13:5, 499-506.
- Salzar, RS, Lau, SH, Lessley, DJ, Sochor, MR, Shaw, CG, Kent, RW, Crandall, JR. (2012) Thoracic Response to Shoulder-Belt Loading: Comparison of Table-Top and Frontal Sled Tests with PMHS. Traffic Injury Prevention
- Lopez-Valdes, F, Lau, S, Riley, P, Lamp, J, Kent, R. (2011) The Biomechanics of the Pediatric and Adult Human Thoracic Spine. Annals of Advances in Automotive Medicine, 55, 193-206.
- Lau, SH, Salzar, R, Kent, R. (2011) Comparison of Thoracic Characterization in Table-Top and Frontal Sled Test Environments. AAAM 2nd Student Research Symposium.
- Kent, R, Lopez-Valdes, F, Lamp, J, Lau, S, Parent, D, Kerrigan, J, Lessley, D, Salzar, R. (2011) Characterization of the Pediatric Chest and Abdomen Using Three Post-Mortem Human Subjects. 22nd Enhanced Safety of Vehicles Conference Proceedings, No. 11-0394.
- Lau, SH, Lopez-Valdes, FJ, Lau, AG, Lessley, DJ, Feldman, SH, Kent, RW. (2010) Assessment of a Biological Model of a Human Child in a Frontal Impact Environment. AAAM 1st Student Research Symposium.
- Subit, D, Duprey, S, Lau, S, Guillemot, H, Lessley, D, Kent, R. (2010) Response of the Human Torso to Lateral and Oblique Constant-Velocity Impacts. Annals of Advances in Automotive Medicine, 54, 27-40.
- Lamp, J, Salzar, R, Kerrigan, J, Parent, D, Lopez-Valdes, F, Lau, S, Lessley, D, Kent, R, Luck, J, Loyd, A, Bass, C. (2010) Expansion and Evaluation of Data Characterizing the Structural Behavior of the Pediatric Abdomen. Annals of Advances in Automotive Medicine, 54, 89-96.
- Parent, DP, Crandall, JR, Bolton, JR, Bass, CR, Ouyang, J, Lau, SH. (2010) Comparison of Hybrid III Child Test Dummies to Pediatric PMHS in Blunt Thoracic Impact Response. Traffic Injury Prevention, 11:4, 399-410.