M10 Holtzendorff Hall, Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634
Phone: (864) 656-2542
- PhD Civil Engineering
- MS Civil Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- ENGR 1050/1060 - Introduction to engineering, problem solving, analysis using Excel
- ENGR 1070/1080/1090 - Engineering problem solving using Matlab
- ENGR 2100 - Engineering Graphics for Civil Engineering (AutoCAD)
- ENGR 1900/2900 - Creative Inquiry research
Research interests (including Creative Inquiry projects)
- Home Automation/Internet of Things (Creative Inquiry)
- Low-Impact Development
- Stormwater Management
- Climate Change Impacts of Infrastructure
Refereed Journal Publications:
- Martin III, W. D., and Kaye, N. (in press). “Characterization of Undrained Porous Pavement Systems Using a Broken-Line Model.” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering
- Martin III, W. D., Putman, B., and Neptune, A. (2014). “Influence of Aggregate Gradation on Clogging Characteristics of Porous Asphalt Mixtures.” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 26(7), 04014026.
- Martin III, W. D., and Kaye, N. B. (2014). “Hydrologic characterization of undrained porous pavements.” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 19(6), 1069–1079.
- Martin III, W. D., Kaye, N. B., and Putman, B. J. (2014). “Impact of vertical porosity distribution on the permeability of pervious concrete.” Construction and Building Materials, 59, 78–84.
- Martin III, W. D., Putman, B. J., and Kaye, N. B. (2013). “Using image analysis to measure the porosity distribution of a porous pavement.” Construction and Building Materials, 48, 210–217.
- Stanford, M. S., Benson, L. C., Alluri, P., Martin III, W. D., Klotz, L. E., Ogle, J. H., Kaye, N. B., Sarasua, W., and Schiff, S. (2013). “Evaluating Student and Faculty Outcomes for a Real-World Capstone Project with Sustainability Considerations.” Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 139(2), 123–133.
Conference Proceedings (reviewed):
- Kaye, N. B., and Martin III, W. D. (2013). “Turbulent fountains as a model for mixing at a density interface.” Bulletin of the American Physical Society, American Physical Society.
- Martin III, W. D., and Kaye, N. B. (2013). “Hydrologic characterization of porous pavements.” Proceedings of the North American Surface Water Quality Conference and Exposition, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Martin III, W. D., and Kaye, N. B. (2012). “Hydrologic characterization of porous pavement systems.” Proceedings of the 2012 S.C. Water Resources Conference, Columbia, SC.