Box supports the most recent major releases of the following web browsers and desktop/mobile operating systems (OS). If you are experiencing interface issues, try updating your browser or OS to the latest version.
For more information on web browser information, please visit the Box Community Browser and OS Support page.
Getting Started with Clemson Box
Box Community and Help Pages (with tutorials)
Instructor Led Training for Employees
Please view our Training Calendar
Clemson Box for Groups
- Shared folders for groups or classes can now be set up by using Clemson Central.
- Step by step instructions to create a group or class folder in Central: (.DOC)(.PDF)
- Step by step instructions to embed a Box folder or file in Blackboard: (.DOC)(.PDF)
A new feature in Box allows multiple users to simultaneously edit a text document. This currently does not work with Internet Explorer - try a different browser. Click here for more information on Box Notes.
Box app for your mobile device and tablet.
Clemson Box questions should be directed to CCIT:
- How do I get a Clemson Box account?
In order to use Box for cloud storage, users with a valid Clemson username may log in to http://clemson.box.com. The first time they do this, they will be asked for a Clemson username and password. Their new account will then be created.
- How much storage will I get?
All Clemson account users have unlimited storage.
- Can I sync my Box files to my computer and mobile devices?
Yes. You can download Box Sync for Windows or Mac.
- How long do items remain in the trash?
- How many versions are kept for edited files?
- Will I keep my Clemson Box account after I graduate or leave Clemson?
No. You should make a copy of your data before leaving. When your Clemson username and password stop working, you will no longer be able to get into Clemson Box.
- Is it okay to store sensitive data in my Clemson Box account?
It is not recommended that you store sensitive data containing such as social security numbers, bank, account numbers, passwords, etc. in Box. If you need a folder for departmental sensitive and/or protected data, please send a request to at ITHELP@clemson.edu and ask for the ticket to be assigned to the CCIT CSO Box Team.
- What is the default setting on shared folders?
If you click on Share to share a folder and then send out the URL for that folder, only current Collaborators will be able to see the folder by default. If you want others (perhaps students who do not have Box accounts) to see the folder, you can change the setting to "Open," then anyone with the link will see the folder entitled "Box Folder Share."
Clemson Box is free to Clemson Users.