Turnitin is available to all Clemson employees and students at no extra cost.
What Is Turnitin?
Categories: Assessment Tools
Turnitin encourages student originality and provides instructors a tool to use in the detection of plagiarism in text-based assignments. Turnitin produces an "Originality Report" for a student's work by making comparisons that look not only for exact word-for-word matches but also for students' attempts to mask plagiarism by making superficial changes or mixing several sources without attribution.
At Clemson, Turnitin is integrated with Canvas, making it easy to create and distribute assignments in a familiar way for students.
*The app download is optional*
- Turnitin Student Manual (HTML)
- Submitting Turnitin Assignments in Canvas (PDF)
- Access Feedback in GradeMark (Video/HTML)
- Access Originality Check and PeerMark (Video/HTML)
- Submitting a Paper (Video/HTML)
More on Turnitin
- Managing Canvas Course Menu to Add Turnitin Link (HTML)
- Using Turnitin in Canvas (PDF)
- Turnitin for iPad (Video HTML)
- Quick Start Guide for Using Turnitin Studio Outside of Canvas (HTML)
- Submitting Student Work to Turnitin Outside of Canvas (PDF)
- Submitting Student Work to Turnitin Outside of Canvas (Video HTML)
- Turnitin Feedback Studio Commenting Tools (Video HTML)
- How to Use Layers in Turnitin Feedback Studio (Video HTML)
- Turnitin Classic versus Feedback Studio (Video HTML)
Tools Others Have Considered
|Name||This Tool||Comparison 1||Comparison 2|
|University Tech Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Uses Clemson Login||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Canvas Integration||Not Enabled||Yes||Yes|
*Rankings marked with asterisks are based on the tool's general reputation in the accessibility community and not on testing that Clemson has completed.
+Rankings marked with a plus are based on completed testing.